Quick DVD? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 16th, 2006, 03:23 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Quick DVD?

Is there a way to make an Auto Start DVD, within P/Pro 1.5, without using an authoring program like Adobe Encore? I have checked the Cineform Knowledge Base as to the recomended procedure for creating the proper kind of file to export. But at this point, the instructions lead you to Adobe Encore or some other Authoring Program. Since I am new with this software/hardware, I would like use the best and most correct procedure.
Also, I have heard of some problems making a DVD with some slo-motion FX. Will this be an issue with my set-up?

Thankyou,

Gary Harper
P/Pro 1.5.1
Aspect HD 3.4, Build 44
Gary Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2006, 08:37 PM   #2
Trustee

Gary, producing a DVD disk is really more to do with building in navigation control and menus that it is about "creating the correct kind of file to export".

If you look at a DVD in a file browser you will see two or more folders, and various bup and ifo files, etc etc etc.

So there's not really a way to avoid the "authoring" step that comes after the "encoding" step, however there are much cheaper solutions than Encore.
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2006, 08:42 PM   #3
Trustee

I've never tried it, but this company offers a freeware authoring package that you could use on the files you've encoded with PPro:

http://www.videodvdmaker.com/products.php
Old March 17th, 2006, 06:47 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Harper
Is there a way to make an Auto Start DVD, within P/Pro 1.5, without using an authoring program like Adobe Encore? I have checked the Cineform Knowledge Base as to the recomended procedure for creating the proper kind of file to export. But at this point, the instructions lead you to Adobe Encore or some other Authoring Program. Since I am new with this software/hardware, I would like use the best and most correct procedure.
Also, I have heard of some problems making a DVD with some slo-motion FX. Will this be an issue with my set-up?

Thankyou,

Gary Harper
P/Pro 1.5.1
Aspect HD 3.4, Build 44
Gary,

I may not be understanding you correctly, but if you just need to make a DVD that will start when the person puts it into their player, it can be done from P/Pro 1.5.

All you need to do is go to "FILE" then down to "EXPORT" and choose "EXPORT TO DVD." Choose your settings and check the box that says "BYPASS ALL WARNINGS" and just build it.

It will not have chapters or anything you didn't specifically put into it and it will play when put into the player, then stop at the end.

I hope this is what you are looking for.

Good luck,

Mike
Old March 17th, 2006, 08:25 AM   #5
Trustee

>>So there's not really a way to avoid the "authoring" step that comes after the "encoding" step

Oops! That was wrong information it seems. Thanks Mike!
Old March 17th, 2006, 05:09 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Re:

My question, clarified, would be:
When Exporting a CineformHD Proj from P/Pro 1.5 using the Export Movie in the File menu and using Cineform HD Export, as suggested via the Cineform Knowledge Base to create a compatable file for use in standard authoring programs, such as Encore, can one instead skip the Encore route and somehow, within P/Pro Export to DVD directly? And how would this be accomplished? I need to create a good quality Auto Play DVD, and do not need to create menues, etc. for the Disk...

Thanks for your input,
Gary H
Gary Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2006, 06:21 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Harper
My question, clarified, would be:
When Exporting a CineformHD Proj from P/Pro 1.5 using the Export Movie in the File menu and using Cineform HD Export, as suggested via the Cineform Knowledge Base to create a compatable file for use in standard authoring programs, such as Encore, can one instead skip the Encore route and somehow, within P/Pro Export to DVD directly? And how would this be accomplished? I need to create a good quality Auto Play DVD, and do not need to create menues, etc. for the Disk...

Thanks for your input,
Gary H

Gary,

Not sure if I understand your question, but remember there is no way to deliver HD at this time. HD DVD and Blue Ray are not at all out yet!

Mike
Old March 17th, 2006, 08:32 PM   #8
Trustee

>"How would this be accomplished?"

Um...just as Mike indicated! That is: go to "FILE" then down to "EXPORT" and choose "EXPORT TO DVD."

The Cineform Knowledgebase assumes that you want to use a separate authoring package. You say you don't.... so use Premiere's "Export to DVD" command.
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase