Registration on Weekends? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 4th, 2006, 02:02 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Registration on Weekends?

Any chance my activation requested @ 1:00 PM yesterday will arrive before 8:00 AM Monday? I've foolhardedly let my activation tick down to the last minute and my little project window just informed me I've run out of time. Will I get to work on this project this weekend or have I shot myself in the foot?

Procrastinators always have something to do!

JayH
Jay Handleson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2006, 05:40 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Handleson
Any chance my activation requested @ 1:00 PM yesterday will arrive before 8:00 AM Monday? I've foolhardedly let my activation tick down to the last minute and my little project window just informed me I've run out of time. Will I get to work on this project this weekend or have I shot myself in the foot?

Procrastinators always have something to do!

JayH
Jay, I know you don't want to hear this, but when you purchase you get another 15 days (even after the 15 day trial) before the purchased version expires and you must be activated. It seems you've let it get to the end.... The good news is that in the next week-ish our activation system will finally be automated, but that doesn't help your situation.

I cannot do the activation, but please send an email to me through this site and I'll forward it to our tech support people. No guarantees they're available this weekend as we're not in the office, but let's keep our fingers crossed....
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2006, 04:42 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I bought my new version at the lokal shop today. The release was 3.1 in the box, but the dealer said I was paying for the new 4 version that I could download from Cineforms homepage.

Alright, I said and went home to install it. My 15 days trail version that I downloaded earlier (4.0), had expired. I did get another 15 days trail with the physical Copy in DVD-box, but that was version 3.1.

And becouse the registration process to get the activation Key code takes 24-72 hours I Im standing here with a not so sheap litle plug-in that I can not use.

My impression of Cineform is that you are a small company with very good service. But I am standing here right now with a program that I have paid for that I can not use. I do need to edit right now.

Can you peapole at cineform help me out a litle faster than 24 to 72 ours??

Sometimes seller say; "by today pay tomorow" but in your case it would be; "pay today use it after 3 days.

Cineform, please help me out...fast!!!
Mikael Widerberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2006, 05:13 PM   #4
AJA Video Systems

Bad Serial Number

Mikael,

The Serial Number that you submitted in your Activation Request is a bad one that is not eligible for activation. The reseller you bought from was sent new 'AHD40' Serial numbers to replace the one on the box that you purchased.

So this is what you need to do:
Uninstall any 3.x versions of Aspect HD that you have installed
Download and install version 4.0
Contact your reseller and get a new Serial Number from him. It should start with the letters AHD40-xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Activation process actually should not take 72 hours anymore because we have a new automated system that should email your SN to you in a matter of minutes. We have however NOT changed the message about 72 hours yet because the automated system is new, and we may need the leeway if the system goes down for some reason.

I have contacted your reseller myself as well and he knows that your SN needs to be replaced by him.

Thad H.
CineForm
Old March 17th, 2006, 05:30 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks for your quick respond and help!

Is it possible for me to use version 4.0 before I have the new Serial Number from my reseller?
Mikael Widerberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2006, 02:35 AM   #6
New Boot

Hi Mikael!

The new 4.0 Serial should be the one hand-written on the package. If it's not working, please give me/us a call and we'll sort it out.

Max / Lrtv
Old March 18th, 2006, 06:27 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Sorry, my fault. I just opend the cellophan and throw it away.

Nothing wrong with the reseller LRTV in Sweden or Cineform.

Have a nice day everybody!
/Micke
Mikael Widerberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase