CineForm and Sony XDCAM HD - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old September 7th, 2007, 12:06 PM   #76
Regular Crew

Thanks for the fast reply David.
Yes, the drives we will be using are fast enough, so I have no concerns there. And the laptop will be used only at times, not as a main editing system. Yet it will be necessary, so I needed to know I can work with that configuration.
I read that the activation can be transferred between computers, and from what I understood the PC to be activated has to be on-line. Is that so?
Stathis Athanasiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2007, 12:18 PM   #77
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes you can transfer your activations, and no you don't have to have the PC online to do it. The activation is and deactivation can be do any net connected PC, the activation/deactivation codes are sent by email. So you can keep you main NLE offline and still transfer the activation.
Old October 11th, 2007, 09:06 PM   #78
Regular Crew

XDCAM Workflow and clip naming

I have been using the XDCAM HD workflow with Cineform for a few shoots now. I love it the one thing that I do not like is that the clip naming function does not seem to be supported. Am I doing something wrong?

Clip naming for those who do not know what it is.
With the XDCAM HD format you can name each clip as it is put onto the disc I usually will name the clip with the show title and the place that I am shooting at since most of the stuff is outdoor TV stuff.

If I use the viewer software that Sony provides with the camera I can see the clip name. So I am pretty sure it is not a camera setting it is a post workflow issue.
Matthew Pugerude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2007, 03:21 PM   #79
Regular Crew

Hi Matthew,

What is happening to the names of the clips when you convert?

It should be the existing file name, but with a .AVI extension (and .WAV for appropriate files) instead of the .MXF extension.

If something else is happening, please let me know.

Otherwise, if the naming is stored in metadata, we are not exposed to that during this file-based conversion.
Old February 19th, 2008, 06:10 PM   #80
Tourist

Can't convert MXF files from XDCAM (Aspect HD)

I'm planning to use Aspect HD with Premiere Pro CS3/ Sony XDCAM PDW-F355. I got the files from camera on a hard drive. They play fine in Sony MXF Viewer.

I downloaded the trial of Aspect HD but can't convert the MXF clips with HD Link. I'm getting an error - Format Not Available (P2 viewer missing?) I tried installing P2 viewer with drivers, still getting the same error.

Am I missing some additional codec? Isn't Aspect HD supposed to work with XDCAM HD files straight away?

My OS is Vista Business.
Michal Bucholc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2008, 06:36 PM   #81
CTO, CineForm Inc.

What version of Aspect HD are you running? That sound old as Aspect HD has been XDCAM HD compatible for a while. If it is the latest version of Aspetc HD, you may have an install issue (Vista can cause that.) Try a reinstall of Aspect HD and contact support (www.cineform.com/support.)
Old February 19th, 2008, 06:47 PM   #82
Regular Crew

It sounds like the CineForm MXF reader is not registered, which is why you're getting the "format not supported" error.
As David said above, try installing Aspect HD again.
Old February 20th, 2008, 02:26 AM   #83
Tourist

Downloaded and installed the latest build from cineform website, still nothing. I tried the Register Component link from Tools dir, it doesn't seem to work either. Nothing really happens. Maybe it's an issue with polish Vista Business? How Can I register the filters manually?

Here is one of MXF clips from the disc:
http://keyvid.pl/mxf/C0001.MXF

I got a response from Cineform support that I should install P2 viewer (which I did). They also said that MXF should play in Windows Media Player and they don't. Please help, I need to buy the software ASAP and start editing.

EDIT:
I just installed Aspect HD on other workstation with Win XP (Polish) and Premiere CS3, same problem here.

Last edited by Michal Bucholc; February 20th, 2008 at 05:36 AM. Reason: new information
Michal Bucholc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 01:57 PM   #84
Regular Crew

Premiere CS3 now supports XDCam HD and XDCam EX. While in Premiere, on the menu, go to 'help', then 'updates...'; it should automatically download the latest update.
William Middleton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase