AspectHD freezes/locks up Premiere when loading? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old September 28th, 2006, 11:44 PM   #1
Trustee

AspectHD freezes/locks up Premiere when loading?

I installed AspectHD after Ppro 2.0. When an AspectHD project loads, the splash screen comes up, but then immediately locks up Premiere. I have to force quit out every time. I filed a trouble ticket, but I was just curious if anyone had this problem before and had a solution? I already tried uninstalling Ppro, uninstalling AspectHD, etc. It's odd because I did a completely new installation of Windows and then an installation of Ppro and Aspect and had a problem...I also already tried the whole cntrl+shift or shift key thing when booting Ppro.
Old September 28th, 2006, 11:58 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Re-download Aspect HD 4.2.1 just in case, and try again. Although we haven't heard of this error, we did some installer improvements a few days ago that may help. Note: we are in the middle of moving to a new office so your ticket may not be addressed until Monday.
Old September 29th, 2006, 04:34 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I had a similar problem too. Sometimes Premiere locked up immediately, sometimes - after a couple minutes of playing/editing. Well, I uninstalled 4.21 version and installed 4.13 - now it works perfectly. Hope a new update will solve this issue.
Anton Galimzyanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2006, 08:41 AM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Please download 4.2.1 again as you might be missing a key component.
Old September 29th, 2006, 10:29 AM   #5
Wrangler

I see 4.22 Build 68 is now up on the Cineform site:
http://www.cineform.com/products/Asp....htm#UpdateLog

Doesn't mention the installer update but presumably would be incorporated? Worth a try in any case.

BTW, moving sucks. Best wishes getting settled into your new digs. Also would like to commend and congratulate the Cineform team for publically posting each new build along with a list of the fixes and added features. That's a great help to us customers!
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2006, 10:58 AM   #6
Trustee

Nope. Still freezes up. The splash screen says ProspectHD ??

I should mention that I also have Ppro 1.5 installed and AspectHD works fine on it. It's 2.0 that has a problem.
Old September 29th, 2006, 11:40 AM   #7
Major Player

I've about given up on it with PPRO 2.0. I've tried it a few times now, once after a full Windows re-install....I can't get it to work.
Wade Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2006, 12:01 PM   #8
Trustee

Really? Wade, do you have the same problem I'm experiencing? Or a different incompatibility?
Old September 29th, 2006, 03:18 PM   #9
CTO, CineForm Inc.

We moving office and I bad 4.2.2 version got out. We will fix this Monday as most of our internal servers are down today. In the meantime I put 4.2.1 up again in place of the 4.2.2 download. Next week life will return to normal as we setting in to our upgraded office space.
Old September 29th, 2006, 09:03 PM   #10
Wrangler

Ah, thanks for that. I just powered up my editing box to download 4.2.2. Will wait a couple days!
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2006, 09:49 AM   #11
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Winter
Really? Wade, do you have the same problem I'm experiencing? Or a different incompatibility?
There shouldn't be any incompatibility...

It's corrupting my Adobe preferences file and causing Premiere to lock up and freeze on anything I try to do. To get PPro to work again, I have to uninstall the cineform software, delete the preferences file, restart the system, then open Premiere (it will be recreate the preferences file).

I've been a Premiere user since version 5, and when it came time to build an HDV system I took a long hard look at all of the possible solutions. I went with Premiere banking on getting this Cineform software...I'm not really impressed right now, but I hope their problems are fixed soon.
Old October 2nd, 2006, 10:44 AM   #12
CTO, CineForm Inc.

As we don't have any other reports of this you need to speak with tech support. So at the moment we have no bug to fix. The preferences file can be refreshed by holding shift down while Premiere starts.
Old October 2nd, 2006, 11:28 AM   #13
Major Player

I'd love to speak with your tech support, as I really need this to work, but they don't answer the phone and won't return a call after I've left messages.

Is this the correct phone number? (760) 804-5905

Do you have the extension I could enter?

Thanks for your help David...I appreciate it!
Old October 2nd, 2006, 11:32 AM   #14
CTO, CineForm Inc.

No that not the number. I don't know the new number, but the number should be on the web site. It is best if you use www.cineform.com/support and file a trouble ticket. Processing is faster, phone message are handled after the online support tickets.
Old October 2nd, 2006, 11:33 AM   #15
Major Player

Thanks David. I'll do it today.
Wade Spencer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase