Print to Tape - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old January 22nd, 2007, 07:07 PM   #16
Major Player

Okay, that part seemed to work. I am making the m2t file now. After done, will try hdlink to send back to tape. How would we ever get this stuff to work w/o the internet?

Dave
Dave Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2007, 08:22 PM   #17
Major Player

So, is there no way to just export straight to tape with the 1.5.1 HDV in Ppro2? If the setting is serial, then export to tape shows up, but when I select export to tape, it does not see my camera connected as firewire. If I change the setting to HDV, then the export to tape is grayed out.

So, if I did not mess up, I assume the current process is to export a M2T file, then use HDlink to export this M2t tape to HDV tape?

Thanks

Dave
Old January 24th, 2007, 02:26 PM   #18
Major Player

So, I just exported my M2t file back to my 25U with Hdlink. Worked like a champ!!!

Dave
Old March 16th, 2007, 05:52 AM   #19
Major Player

What is the workaround?

Asking when Aspect HD will be able to print to tape. So what is the work-around if you don't have PP1.5. I only have 2.0. I'm need to out put TODAY so I can have my dubs done locally to go on air by Monday. Any and all help appreciated.
Jerry Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2007, 06:48 AM   #20
Obstreperous Rex

This time of year (March) is without a doubt the absolute busiest for any software company in the video market, as it pretty much the eve of NAB. Frankly I would not expect anything new to be announced from anybody until the week of NAB (April 14th). That's when everything currently being worked on is announced. Typically the NAB news starts to come in between now (30 days prior) and April 14th but many companies won't actually make their statements until that particular week. No doubt CineForm will announce whatever they have as soon as they're ready to, but I wouldn't expect to hear anything prior to mid April.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2007, 09:07 AM   #21
Major Player

Thanks Chris that doesn't do me alot of good today.
Old March 16th, 2007, 09:42 AM   #22
Wrangler

Sorry, Jerry, but as much as we all look forward to that functionality, it does no good to publically harangue the Cineform folks who are good enough to respond to our posts here.

Upon release of AspectHD 4.x last year, Cineform made clear that there were Print-to-Tape limitations. That was up-front, available information. If you needed that feature, then maybe this wasn't the right product for you.

In any case, one of my favorite sayings seems to apply: "lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part." You've had five months since first posting about the issue to create a workflow solution to avoid a "today" Print-To-Tape emergency.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2007, 09:45 AM   #23
Trustee

Since all you have to do is export a Cineform HD AVI and use it in a Adobe HDV project - and export to tape from there - I don't see it as a major hassle.
Old March 16th, 2007, 10:28 AM   #24
Major Player

Doesn't seem to work for me what are your settings? Still can't get one to work. I'm gettting alisasing all over the place and the animations are all off. What could cause this?
Old March 16th, 2007, 10:43 AM   #25
Major Player

Never mind I got it to work crisis averted for now. Thanks to all that helped. And sorry for the freak out.

Last edited by Jerry Porter; March 16th, 2007 at 11:17 AM.
Old April 30th, 2007, 05:48 AM   #26
Regular Crew

Im no doubt going to have to do this process soon and have the same setup of editing in Pro 2 - so just to clarify - once I have exported back to tape I essentialy have edited HDV content that I could hook up my camera to a HD source and show a client a preview of the work done without having to burn to blue ray or alternative?

Thanks

Steve
Steve Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2007, 07:29 AM   #27
Trustee

Yes, that's correct.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase