Cineform Aspect HD: problems, problems, problems... - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old January 18th, 2007, 05:47 PM   #31
Major Player

You are all right. I really agree with what is said by everyone. But that does mean that you have to make decisions. Although I did want to use Premiere, its behaviour on my computer was not acceptable. Then I can put 50 hours in troubleshooting which might solve the problem. But maybe it won't which means I have "wasted" another 50 hours. Vegas is working on my system so that's why I have decided to go that route at this moment. This does mean that I need to learn my way around in another editor. That will also take many, many hours... but at least that does not feel like wasted because I then can work with both Premiere and Vegas which is an advantage.

I am also getting a nice new notebook on which I might try Premiere Pro to see if it really is the configuration or the program. But at the end, programs that become so system heavy that they crash with too many configurations really are bad programs. A good program works on any system. And at least it should have a good diagnostic system. If Windows crashes, you also get error messages which are not always very helpful, but at least they give you a direction where to look.

When Premiere generates a serious error the program should know which processs or call within the program caused it and display that. I hope this will be implemented in the future. Like I said before, I really like the interface of the program as well as the features. They just need to make it more stable. If I compare Windows XP (at launch) with Windows XP Service Pack 2 it has really come a long way. Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 might be one of the best Windows OS'es of all time. I like it so much that I am not even thinking about upgrading to Windows Vista. I hope that other professional applications take example of Microsoft.
Floris van Eck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2007, 06:12 PM   #32
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floris van Eck
They just need to make [Premiere] more stable.
Increased stability would be welcomed, but I'm not holding my breath. Premiere is stable enough for a large installed base of users to work productively, but it's far from perfect and the memory leaks and crashes and other software quality issues can be tedious and frustrating at times. I expect the next release will have more features, but I have no expectation the next release will be more stable than the current one.

Best,
Christopher
Christopher Glaeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2007, 12:35 AM   #33
Regular Crew

Right, back on the topic...

Although I got Premiere 6.5 'free' with my old Pinnacle card yonks ago, I did shell out a fair bit of cash for Premiere Pro 2.0 upgrade and Aspect HD.

...and the flipping thing crashes just because I'm cheeky enough to assume that I should be able to edit a feature film on the thing!

So, I'd be happy to go to Adobe to complain about Premiere if Cineform can give me an assurance that Aspect HD isn't to blame, but Adobe is.

My Support Ticket is 611-3775542, I'm assuming Cineform are busy at the moment, as the ticket hasn't been updated for a few days. Your support is still the best though!

Keep up the good work.

Douglas Lesser Spotted Turner.
Douglas Turner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase