HDMI Monitor with PPro Intensity and Aspect at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old June 29th, 2007, 01:29 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HDMI Monitor with PPro Intensity and Aspect

I am currently setting up my computer and trying to establish my editing workflow.

I have the following:
HV20
Vista - just installed
Production Studio -- upgrading to CS3 when it comes out
Dual LCD 19" monitors with Nvidia 7600 card
Aspect HD (love it)

Even though my PCI express is used for the Nvidia, I do have a PCI x1, the small guy and I want to add an Intensity card there.

The only reason for this is so I can get an HDMI monitor and see my work on a big screen. This will be in addition to my dual editing monitors.

Davids, I think I read on your site that it is not possible to monitor on the Black Magic Intensity with the Cineform Presets -- Also, there is a problem monitoring 24P -- Is this correct? Am I stuck editing just using my second LCD?

Regards,
Mike
Michael DAmbrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 01:37 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes, we don't currently offer Intensity monitoring from form the timeline. Of course the more users how purchase this card, the sooner we are likely to do it. 24p is not a HMDI format offered on Intensity, so you would need to use 1080i60 and inject pulldown.
Old June 29th, 2007, 01:56 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Fast Response, Thank you!

Hmmm, I thought I also read that about the Intensity card regarding no 24P -- thanks for the confirmation..

So, I wait a while, I guess -- and would need to stay 60i and not 24P even if Cineform codes for timeline monitoring.

What do other folks do for HDV monitoring? I don't want to go Matrox for a few reasons. 1) Cost. 2) No PCI Express slot available anymore 3) Already have Aspect HD and love it.

Mike
Old June 29th, 2007, 02:05 PM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

You do want to extract 24p from 60i, that gives you the best post quality. As for the 60i vs 24p output we had to deal with that for our AJA Xena customers, not everyone has a 24psf monitor. So all ready have the 24 to 60i RT filter for playback, we just need the hook for Intensity out.
Old June 29th, 2007, 02:14 PM   #5
Regular Crew

When you say "You do want to extract 24p from 60i, that gives you the best post quality. "

I was shooting 24P from the start on the HV20 -- Is that the best way? Or were you recommending shooting 60i and then go to 24P?

You are right about the monitor, I wasn't doing to buy a real color corrector 24P price level one, just a HDMI TV.

So, I am still not sure of my workflow if I want 24P and nice monitoring.

Mike
Old June 29th, 2007, 02:34 PM   #6
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Shoot 24p, edit 24p, if you care about having the best final output. Never shoot 60i if you want a 24p output and you have a 24p source available to you. Monitoring 24 to 60i is easy, and the default behavor for most graphic cards, CineForm via Intensity doesn't have that yet (this is the issue.) If you have 24p timeline will output as 60i fine if setup Intensity as a second monitor, or just use the second head on a graphics card.
Old June 30th, 2007, 06:35 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Thanks again. I will watch for anouncements before I purchase the Intensity card.

Mike
Michael DAmbrose is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase