DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   nanoFlash Early Adopter Program (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/124420-nanoflash-early-adopter-program.html)

James Huenergardt August 11th, 2008 07:35 PM

I too have sent out a couple emails and a PM to Mike.

I know you guys are working hard. I'm very interested in the early adopter program and was wondering if it was still open.

Thanks,

Jim

Dan Keaton August 12th, 2008 07:13 AM

Dear James,

Thank you for your patience.

Mike and the engineers are working 16 hours a day.

Everyone was working to get the first "Alpha" units shipped. This is now accomplished.

Mike is busy finalizing the design of the nanoFlash. The goal is to be able to show it at IBC. He is also fielding the calls and emails.

We have the "Alpha" Flash XDR units out in the field. We are hoping for some footage that we can post. The initial reports are that the users are happy with the footage.

Engineers are working on "porting" (transferring) the Quicktime code to the Flash XDR. Others are working on features and the menu system.

Other projects include adding the ability to format the CompactFlash cards in the Flash XDR / nanoFlash. This was planned all along, but not included in the "Alpha" firmware.

While all of this is happening, parts are arriving for the first volume production run which is scheduled for around August 20th.

David Issko August 13th, 2008 07:57 PM

I'm in!!!

I've been reading up about the XDR & nf and now that I'm about to take delivery of my EX3 camera, I have just opted in for the nf early adopters program. Emailed my form and look forward to taking delivery of the unit in due course.

Well done to everyone who has had a hand in the development of both units.

Mike Schell August 13th, 2008 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Huenergardt (Post 919397)
I too have sent out a couple emails and a PM to Mike.

I know you guys are working hard. I'm very interested in the early adopter program and was wondering if it was still open.

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim-
I just re e-mailed the form (I guess the first message didn't arrive). Anyway, I apologize for the delays.

Craig Mieritz September 17th, 2008 09:55 PM

nanoFlash Early Adopter Program

Hi-

I've also emailed the sales email address about participating in the early adopter program but thought I should post here also. I am starting production on a documentary within a month and would really like to give this a shot. The current 50Mbit data rate limitation wouldn't be an problem for this shoot. It would be a good test, since I'll be out in the field. This would be with an EX-3. My email is craig <at> ubu-roi dot com. Very exciting stuff.

Thanks-
Craig

Dean Harrington September 18th, 2008 01:05 AM

nanno/flash ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig Mieritz (Post 938770)
Hi-

I've also emailed the sales email address about participating in the early adopter program but thought I should post here also. I am starting production on a documentary within a month and would really like to give this a shot. The current 50Mbit data rate limitation wouldn't be an problem for this shoot. It would be a good test, since I'll be out in the field. This would be with an EX-3. My email is craig <at> ubu-roi dot com. Very exciting stuff.

Thanks-
Craig

the nanno/flash may not be ready that soon but I believe the XDR will be.

Mike Schell September 18th, 2008 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Harrington (Post 938836)
the nanno/flash may not be ready that soon but I believe the XDR will be.

The Flash XDR is shipping now, while the nanoFlash is still in design. We have a major nanoFlash announcement coming soon....

Dean Harrington September 18th, 2008 02:29 AM

That's good news ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Schell (Post 938872)
The Flash XDR is shipping now, while the nanoFlash is still in design. We have a major nanoFlash announcement coming soon....

I await with baited breath!

Piotr Wozniacki September 18th, 2008 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Harrington (Post 938876)
I await with baited breath!

I can assure you, you will be delighted....

David Issko September 18th, 2008 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piotr Wozniacki (Post 938877)
I can assure you, you will be delighted....

Oh yes, cannot wait! I have a big corporate coming up in December, so I hope to have my nanoflash by then.

Craig Mieritz September 18th, 2008 08:01 PM

Quote:

Hi-

I might come up with a different workflow for this one particular project, so I'd still be interested in the nanoFlash early adopter program. If it is still open?
Thanks-
Craig

Dean Harrington September 21st, 2008 05:00 PM

Mike ...

Quote:

When will you make that announcement?

Mike Schell September 22nd, 2008 08:56 PM

We are working out the final details now. All I can say is soon and that you will be happy with the announcement. Hang tight, a little longer.

Henry Olonga September 30th, 2008 06:08 PM

Back in

Hello Mike,
Hope you got my e-mail.I opted in and then out of the early adopter program but am glad to say I am back in.Sorry for to-ing and fro-ing but in light of all the recent changes to Scarlet and the flurry of new DSLRs that shoot video my plans changed and I cannot wait to begin shooting my videos sooner.Best wishes.Henry

Mike Schell September 30th, 2008 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry Olonga (Post 945298)
Hello Mike,
Hope you got my e-mail.I opted in and then out of the early adopter program but am glad to say I am back in.Sorry for to-ing and fro-ing but in light of all the recent changes to Scarlet and the flurry of new DSLRs that shoot video my plans changed and I cannot wait to begin shooting my videos sooner.Best wishes.Henry

Hi Henry-
Excellent, you will not be disappointed.