DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   nanoFlash Early Adopter Program (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/124420-nanoflash-early-adopter-program.html)

Dean Harrington November 1st, 2008 07:40 AM

Mike ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Schell (Post 938872)
The Flash XDR is shipping now, while the nanoFlash is still in design. We have a major nanoFlash announcement coming soon....

What about that announcement? Did I miss something?

Dan Keaton November 1st, 2008 08:11 AM

Dear Dean,

No, you have not missed the announcement.

I do not know when the announcement will be made. All of the details have not been nailed down, as of this date.

Mike has been listening to various suggestions.

I am very confident that you will be pleased when the announcement is made.

Michael Palermo November 3rd, 2008 08:58 AM

Nanoflash order

Hi Mike, I sent you an email when you shipped my XDR that I wanted to order a Nanoflash as well. Did you get that?

Ray Bell November 14th, 2008 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Schell (Post 941255)
We are working out the final details now. All I can say is soon and that you will be happy with the announcement. Hang tight, a little longer.

Whats the status with the announcement... any new news here?

Dan Keaton November 15th, 2008 05:44 AM

Dear Ray,

Sorry, but I can't spill the beans just yet, however they are great beans! (Grin)

Piotr Wozniacki November 18th, 2008 02:03 AM

Being well informed, I can only confirm the wait is worthwhile :)

Ray Bell November 22nd, 2008 05:46 PM

I'm pretty sure I know what it is, but like you guys I can't say what it is because,
well then everybody would know... then I'd have to.... oh well :-)

Bill Ward November 22nd, 2008 06:29 PM

Let me guess:

The XDR and Nano have been upgraded to modular status...now you have a choice of over 9 billion combinations of casings, chipsets, card slots, input modules, and capacities ranging from 4 8gig CF cards to a 3K-terrabyte, self-propelled Cray tower that connects to your camera-mounted XDR with a 6-gauge 220V oven wire harness. (see optional auxiliary power module for remote field use here: Mini nuclear reactors to power remote areas - Innovation- msnbc.com )

No wait...this is that other camera system...the "O'hara" was it?

David Issko November 22nd, 2008 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ward (Post 967569)
self-propelled Cray tower that connects to your camera-mounted XDR with a 6-gauge 220V oven wire harness.

What lengths of harness are going to be available? How many extra Tonnes (Tons) over the 20Kg limit shall I tell the airlines the Cray tower will be?

Thanks for the advance notice. I await your reply.

Dan Keaton November 23rd, 2008 05:20 AM

Dear Bill,

Great Suggestions!

But wouldn't you like us to go wireless to the Cray Tower?

(Grin)

Bill Ward November 23rd, 2008 01:33 PM

I understand that during Beta testing, people who inadvertently wandered into the wireless pathway were atomized.

While a less than optimal event, not all the engineers believed this to be a deal-breaker. ;}

David Issko November 23rd, 2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Keaton (Post 967705)
Dear Bill,
But wouldn't you like us to go wireless to the Cray Tower?
(Grin)

Bluetooth will be just fine.

Dean Harrington November 27th, 2008 06:27 AM

hmmm ...

About Dec 1st I'll be back with a question on progress with the nano.

Dean Harrington December 3rd, 2008 04:04 PM

Here we are ...

It's Dec 1st in my neck of the woods and while I follow threads on XDR/Nano and understand the hard work being engaged in by Convergent Design, I'd like a realistic estimate on when Nano/Flash will be released. I've given up on it being released this year although I could be wrong on that score.

Dean Harrington December 15th, 2008 04:13 PM

bump ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Harrington (Post 972403)
It's Dec 1st in my neck of the woods and while I follow threads on XDR/Nano and understand the hard work being engaged in by Convergent Design, I'd like a realistic estimate on when Nano/Flash will be released. I've given up on it being released this year although I could be wrong on that score.

OK Dan and Mike ~ what's up with the nano?