nanoFlash Early Adopter Program at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old June 23rd, 2008, 07:35 PM   #1
Convergent Design

nanoFlash Early Adopter Program

We have started an early adopter program for nanoFlash. If you would like to get early access to this high-quality miniature HD recorder/player, then please send an e-mail to sales@convergent-design.com with the subject "nanoFlash Early Adopter". There will be a nice incentive associated with this program in exchange for your feedback.

To everyone who has pre-ordered the Flash XDR (with deposit), you will shortly be receiving an e-mail from us with a projected delivery date and a bonus upgrade (at no additional charge).

The nanoFlash is in PCB layout now and progressing very well to a September delivery date. (A full update on Flash XDR and nanoFlash will be e-mailed and posted on 24-Jun-08).
Old June 24th, 2008, 08:13 AM   #2
Major Player

"Bonus Upgrade"...

You're driving us crazy with anticipation!

Any hints?
John Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2008, 11:23 AM   #3
Convergent Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Richard View Post
"Bonus Upgrade"...

You're driving us crazy with anticipation!

Any hints?
Hi John-
Look for an e-mail shortly...

Cheers-
Old July 6th, 2008, 05:42 PM   #4
Major Player

Got the email ...

Will commit later this month as I'm on a shot out in the boonies and have got to make some credit card payments! Just to let you know, I'm keen!
Dean Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 10:50 PM   #5
Convergent Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Harrington View Post
Will commit later this month as I'm on a shot out in the boonies and have got to make some credit card payments! Just to let you know, I'm keen!
Hi Dean-
Great, we're burning the midnight oil to get it finished.
Old July 10th, 2008, 06:17 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Can you guys give us a hint of whats being offered as a early adopter??
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2008, 07:09 PM   #7
Convergent Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Bell View Post
Can you guys give us a hint of whats being offered as a early adopter??
Hi Ray-
You get early access to the product and a financial incentive in return for providing us feedback. Send an e-mail to sales@convergent-design.com for more details.
Old July 31st, 2008, 08:19 AM   #8
Major Player

Hi Mike,

I have sent you the details needed to be on the early adopter program.I have a couple of questions re. nanoflash.

1) I will also need to buy both the HDMI additional converters that you speak of here as my camera is HDMI output. How much are they and can you simply add them both to the bill or will i have to do that seperately?

2) How will I need to power the device as it presumably does not have a battery built in.

3) Does the package come with a mini HD-SDI cable to connect the nanoflash to the mini nanoConnect or nanoview.

4) Do you also supply a wall power adaptor for household power? If so will you be doing a 240 V European version?

5) My camera supports XV colour.Will that be captured to the codec?

Best wishes and thanks for taking the time to reply.This is going to be an awesome product.
Henry
Henry Olonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 09:06 AM   #9
Convergent Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Olonga View Post
I have sent you the details needed to be on the early adopter program.I have a couple of questions re. nanoflash.

1) I will also need to buy both the HDMI additional converters that you speak of here as my camera is HDMI output. How much are they and can you simply add them both to the bill or will i have to do that seperately?

2) How will I need to power the device as it presumably does not have a battery built in.

3) Does the package come with a mini HD-SDI cable to connect the nanoflash to the mini nanoConnect or nanoview.

4) Do you also supply a wall power adaptor for household power? If so will you be doing a 240 V European version?

5) My camera supports XV colour.Will that be captured to the codec?

Best wishes and thanks for taking the time to reply.This is going to be an awesome product.
Henry
Hi Henry-
Thanks for the excellent questions!
1) The nanoConnect at $395 does HDMI to HD-SDI conversion and would be used for recording. The nanoView at $325 does HD-SDI to HDMI conversion and would be the ideal companion for playback to an HDMI monitor or TV. The nanoConnect is readily available, but unfortunately, the nanoView is still in design (limited engineering resources) so we may have to suggest an alternative product. I'll have more details as we get closer to shipping.

We can add the nanoConnect to your order now, no problem.

2) nanoFlash has a small 4-pin locking Hirose connector for power input. So, we could adapt to many different power sources as the box accepts has a very wide input voltage range: 6.5 to 20V at about 8W of power. We are designing a camcorder battery adapter plate as well as a cable for a D-tap from an IDX/Anton-Bauer battery or for connection to the Bebob Coco adapter.

3) If you order the nanoConnect / nanoView with the nanoFlash, then we include a short coax cable for connection to our box as well as a short power cable to draw power from the nanoFlash. (nanoFlash has a 5V power-out tap).

4) Yes, we supply a wall adapter with the Flash XDR and the nanoFlash. It is rated at 90 to 240 VAC 50/60 Hz with a 12V output.

5) To be honest, I don't know how the XV color is mapped in the HDMI output. We simply take the HDMI signal and map it bit for bit into the HD-SDI stream, so it's up to the camera to determine how this color space is processed.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 03:44 PM   #10
Major Player

Thanks for replying Mike.makes everything clear now.Henry
Henry Olonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2008, 08:48 PM   #11
Major Player

put the deposit down today ...

Mike, I made the deposit for the nanno/Flash unit today. Finally, got free on some of the cash outflow! Let us know when the units will begin shipping for evaluation!!!
Dean Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2008, 05:40 AM   #12
Regular Crew

Mike,

I have sent an email to you over a week ago and one to Convergent over a month ago and I have not gotten any reply. To make things simple, here are my enquries:

1) Is the Nanoflash early adopter program open to international customers?

2) Is my warranty international (any problems will mean that I go back to my local reseller in Singapore).

Looking forward to your reply.

Bregards,

WeeHan
Old August 11th, 2008, 06:38 AM   #13
Inner Circle

Dear WeeHan,

I am sorry that you have not received a response to your emails.

I will check with Mike today and get you the answers as quickly as possible.
Old August 11th, 2008, 06:39 AM   #14
Inner Circle

Duplicate Post
Old August 11th, 2008, 05:29 PM   #15
Convergent Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeo Wee Han View Post
Mike,

I have sent an email to you over a week ago and one to Convergent over a month ago and I have not gotten any reply. To make things simple, here are my enquries:

1) Is the Nanoflash early adopter program open to international customers?

2) Is my warranty international (any problems will mean that I go back to my local reseller in Singapore).

Looking forward to your reply.

Bregards,

WeeHan
Hi WeeHan-
I apologize for the slow reply. We have been working very long days to ship out our Flash XDR units. Look for a response to your e-mail today.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey