Quick CF Benchmarks at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old November 16th, 2009, 10:19 AM   #1
Major Player

Quick CF Benchmarks

While I did not have an available PC to test using the ATTO utility, I did a quick comparison of the Sandisk Extreme III 32gb card and the PhotoFast 533x 32gb cards (which FedEx just delievered!). Used a Lexar FW800 reader on 8-core MacPro and tested with AJA System Test just using as a sample 1280x720 8-bit with 1 gb file size (the frame size really doesn't matter for this test).

Quick Results:

Sandisk Extreme III
Write 20.9 MB/s
Read: 29.8 MB/s

PhotoFast 533x
Write 40.2 MB/s
Read 68.8 MB/s

Looking forward to running these in the Nano!

Ned Soltz
Ned Soltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2009, 10:26 AM   #2
Major Player

The free AJA speed test is an excellent app for the toolbox. I use it all the time when testing disks to see if they are fit for various tasks, like video capture. Highly recommended.

Oh yes, and thanks for posting the results.
Aaron Newsome is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey