Nano clips in Vegas 9.0c - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old April 29th, 2010, 02:41 PM   #46
Regular Crew

Hi,

With brief testing it appears Vegas 9.0d fixed a problem we were having w/ our I-Frame only files, which in 9.0c would produce a black frame every 15 to 30 seconds. 9.0d does not exhibit this problem that we can see.

However the initial green frame problem (1st couple of frames of a clip) with our long-Gop files is still there. We have been in communication with Vegas and are still waiting for news of a fix for this.

Tommy
Tommy Schell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2010, 08:36 AM   #47
Inner Circle

Tommy, Dan and Mike,

Can we Vegas users count on CD seriously working on this problem with SCS? It's been more than half a year now...
Old July 11th, 2010, 10:55 AM   #48
Inner Circle

Dear Piotr,

Sony Creative Software is responsible for Sony Vegas.

As far as I know, there is nothing wrong with the files we create.

Our files play fine in other editors.

Maybe you could try this test:

1. Render a file whose first frame is Green.

2. Place the rendered file on the Vegas timeline.

3. Check if any frames are missing.

Personally, I do not know why Vegas is showing the first frame is green. I do not know what they are trying to indicate by the green frame. I have searched in the Help system to no avail.

And we have reported the issue to Sony.

When I see a green frame in the timeline,the frame shows properly in the Preview Window.
Old July 11th, 2010, 11:54 AM   #49
Inner Circle

Dan,

I know it's SCS who's responsible for Vegas, but it's some strange problem in the nano L-GoP structure/header that causes Vegas to display the green frames. I believe CD should press SCS to find and correct this.

Yes, when I render such a clip, it sometimes happens that the leading frame(s) are missing (display black) in the output file.
Old July 11th, 2010, 12:47 PM   #50
Trustee

Piotr, have you been able to have Vegas "hear" the sound from your nF files? If so, how?
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 01:43 AM   #51
Inner Circle

Adam,

I don't know what you mean - the audio is still 1 frame behind the video, but it's there. What do you mean exactly?
Old July 12th, 2010, 10:01 AM   #52
Trustee

Well, I have not been using my nF for a while, but when I first got it and was testing it, Vegas could not recognize the sound at all. I had to open the files in VLC and export the sound to a separate .wav file and use that in Vegas instead of the original sound within the mxf file.

When I mentioned it here, Dan said their files were perfect and it was a Vegas problem. I have not been using my nF since as it is quite worthless to me if I have to go such tricks to get the sound out of it.
Old July 12th, 2010, 10:31 AM   #53
Inner Circle

Dear Adam,

May I recommend that you download Vegas 9.0e and run a test?

I think you will find that audio is not a problem.

Last edited by Dan Keaton; July 12th, 2010 at 11:12 AM.
Dan Keaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 10:37 AM   #54
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Stanislav View Post
Well, I have not been using my nF for a while, but when I first got it and was testing it, Vegas could not recognize the sound at all. I had to open the files in VLC and export the sound to a separate .wav file and use that in Vegas instead of the original sound within the mxf file.

When I mentioned it here, Dan said their files were perfect and it was a Vegas problem. I have not been using my nF since as it is quite worthless to me if I have to go such tricks to get the sound out of it.
Yes, that was a problem with one of Vegas minor updates, if I remember correctly - it's now gone in the current 9.0e.

But, the 1-frame audio lag is still there....
Old July 12th, 2010, 11:11 AM   #55
Inner Circle

Dear Piotr,

Just to confirm, are you using 1.6.29?

In order for us to duplicate what you are reporting, I will need some info:

Are you using Embedded or Analog Audio Input to the nanoFlash?

What file format: QT or MXF or MPG?

What bit-rate?

Video Details: 1080 / 720, frame rate, Pulldown Removal and any other special options?

Our testing has not shown the 1 frame delay that you are reporting. But, we can re-test.

Our tester did say that it was difficult to check the audio/video sync exactly in Vegas. But we also test it in other NLEs.
Old July 12th, 2010, 11:24 AM   #56
Trustee

Yes, I have 9.0e but this happened before that time. I'll have to check it again, then. Thanks.
Old July 12th, 2010, 11:53 AM   #57
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Keaton View Post
Just to confirm, are you using 1.6.29?
Nope - I'm on the 1.5.126. I've spent enough time beta testing - perhaps in the future, I'll be able to afford some more. I'll only upgrade when the power saving mode is back.

Sorry if my statement on the audio lag introduced confusion; can any Vegas user confirm it's now OK with the current 1.6.29?
Old July 12th, 2010, 12:22 PM   #58
Inner Circle

Dear Piotr,

As far as we know the audio sync is fine in 1.6.29.

(1.6.29 is a production level release, not a Public Beta. It has been out since June 29, 2010)

We are reporting, in another thread any problems with 1.6.29 that we find or are reported to us.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/converge...-1-6-29-a.html
Old July 14th, 2010, 01:40 PM   #59
Inner Circle

Dear Friends,

We have been working with Sony concerning the Green Frame in the Timeline issue.

This issue is only in Sony Vegas, no other NLE, as far as I know.

We have found a way to eliminate the "Green Frame". We have implemented this in an internal firmware release and this improvement will be in our next firmware release.

As we are making other improvements and we have lots of testing to do, please understand that it will be a few weeks before we post the new release.
Old July 14th, 2010, 02:00 PM   #60
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr Wozniacki View Post
Yes, that was a problem with one of Vegas minor updates, if I remember correctly - it's now gone in the current 9.0e.
I've witnessed the absence of sound on one clip made with latest Nano 1.6.29 and played with Vegas 9.0e . VLC played the clip correctly with audio.
Gints Klimanis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey