Fragile display screen - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old January 2nd, 2010, 09:18 AM   #16
Inner Circle

This is going to be OT (both with regards to this thread, and the particular forum) - but since we're at screen protection, here is another question:

- for monitor like the Marshall 70P (with only 250 nits brightness), is it better to use the glossy or matte protector?

The matte one is supposed to reduce reflections, while the glossy one is supposed to better preserve contrast and colors... Difficult choice, so I'd do with some advise from those who actually tried both!
Old January 2nd, 2010, 10:08 AM   #17
Major Player

Hi Piotr,

Well this is my take. If outdoors even with a sunhood I prefer the matte as it reducing the reflections. If I’m working indoors (studio) then the glossy would be best over matte, however if I can get away without either then that’d be my preferred choice. I often have someone probing the screen with their finger (picture it).
Paul Inglis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 03:53 AM   #18
New Boot

Nano/XDR screen protection

Hello All, from day one of our first XDR arriving in january 2009 we had laser cut several (so we had spare) clear polycarbonate pieces which we stuck on top of the lcd screen using very tiny pieces of double sided tape....12 months later the original protectors are still there(on both of our XDR's) ..not very pretty , but working brilliantly...the polycarbonate is solid, near unbreakable , cheap and replaceable.
have yet to put one on our Nano but we will....in the photo you can just make out the screen protector given away by the dodgy double side tape holding it on...but it works..
cheers David
www.davidpaul.co.nz
Attached Thumbnails
Fragile display screen-xdr-screen.jpg  
David Paul is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey