still confused!!!!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old March 12th, 2010, 06:54 AM   #1
Major Player

still confused!!!!!

1,If I set HDX900 to 720p 25p.. the nano will record like this..from HD SDI BNC.. I just have to set bit rate and file format eg 100mbps quicktime(MOV) ????

2,I have to set Nano to receive progressive frames

3,If not recording tape I can set the internal TC to rec run.. 01.00.00.00 .. press record button..there is way to rest to 00.00.00.00??

4.There is no point to recording rec run..?

Sorry just need some plain vanilla straight answers..

Thanks

Robin
Robin Probyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 08:27 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Robin,

The point of "rec run" is to use it as a trigger for the nanoFlash. When the timecode is moving forward, this is the instruction to the nanoFlash to record. It's that simple.

The nanoFlash will pick up the version of HD you are shooting in and the frame rate. What it doesn't do in some instances is determine if PSF should be enabled. This is what you have to set in the menu if you are shooting in a progressive format.

Here are a few threads that talk about PSF. One of them is your original thread on this topic where Dan Keaton explains it. Best to read all the threads as it can be a bit confusing to understand at the start. In summary PSF is to make a progressive image pseudo interlaced so it "plays nice" with some HD monitors.The nanoFlash needs the signal as true progressive.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/converge...nanoflash.html

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/converge...thing-psf.html

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/converge...sf-matrix.html
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 08:46 AM   #3
Major Player

nFAS

Robin, Hang tight... I think you may be suffering from nFAS, nanoFlash Anticipation Syndrome. This is a common affliction and the only known cure is the appearance of a UPS or FedEx truck with your unit aboard.

Once you receive your unit and try out a few settings and configurations you will see that it is straight forward.
Old March 12th, 2010, 02:55 PM   #4
Major Player

Haha yes Iam suffering that malay for sure!!!! thanks for the comments and links etc.

Yes know about the rec -run from tape... but can you set that when not shooting tape,ie in the nano itself..

Anyway thanks guys!
Robin Probyn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey