Eject Button Protectors: Accessory, or Necessity? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old April 17th, 2010, 09:00 AM   #16
Major Player

Thanks for posting that up Jeff. Very interesting solution. Inexpensive to manufacture, no moving parts...

Ultimately CD should manufacture a unit that is a true cover so it genuinely shields the "digital assets" in the making and gives the unit the "fit & finish" it deserves as a professional video recording unit. Maybe CD will make money hand over fist this year and they will hire an industrial designer to come up with a boffo retrofit for this unit and create a spanky new case for their 3rd gen device whenever that may be.
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2010, 02:26 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Dear Friends,

Our protector will be available from nanoFlash.net - Free World Wide FedEx Express Shippingwith purchase of nanoFlashOrder online or email rick@nanoflash.net starting Monday.

This is a custom milled and powder coated piece of aluminum that attaches to the CompactFlash card side of the nanoFlash via two screws. The screws and an Allen wrench are supplied with the protector.

(nanoFlash.net - Free World Wide FedEx Express Shippingwith purchase of nanoFlashOrder online or email rick@nanoflash.net is an independent company, not a part of Convergent Design. They are one of our premiere dealers as they specialize in the nanoFlash, provide a wide range of accessories, provide great service and strive to keep nanoFlashes in stock at all times, subject to our ability to ship.)

To find the item, just go to nanoFlash.net - Free World Wide FedEx Express Shippingwith purchase of nanoFlashOrder online or email rick@nanoflash.net, then go to the nanoFlash page, then click on "Order".
The price is $14.95 (US).

Most users have not had a problem accidentally ejecting cards, but there is always a possibility of the eject buttons being bumped, just as there is a possibility of other buttons on cameras being bumped.

We were asked to design a part to protect the eject buttons, especially for when the nanoFlash is subjected to the possibility of the buttons being pressed. For some, this added degree of protection is very desirable.
Old April 18th, 2010, 07:45 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Ss17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Silverman View Post

Incidentally the background is the video area of SS17 setting up for a HBO bout tomorrow night.

Jeff
Hey Jeff,

I like the photo with SS17. Do you know a guy named Mark DiCicco? I know he runs a truck in the SS lineup. Back when tape was king, we were partners in a company that specialized in VTR control. Long time since I've been in a truck like that!

Jeff
Jeff DePonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2010, 08:00 PM   #19
Major Player

Thank you CD

Thank you Dan! I ordered mine this morning. I'll have it probably by Wednesday/Thursday.
Best
Luben
Luben Izov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2010, 10:21 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Keaton View Post
This is a custom milled and powder coated piece of aluminum that attaches to the CompactFlash card side of the nanoFlash via two screws..
Hey Dan,

Can you post a pix of what it looks like mounted on a nano?

Thanks!
Old April 19th, 2010, 11:50 AM   #21
Inner Circle

Dear Bob,

I got back from NAB late Friday night and I have been attempting to catch up ever since.

I will try to do this today.

My previous attempts to get photos of this have not been successful. One could not see adequate detail in my photos.

Mr. Rick Kelly will attempt to get better photos of it today. I will post these as soon as possible.
Old April 19th, 2010, 12:36 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Thanks, Dan! I know you have been up to your eyeballs and i appreciate it!
Old April 19th, 2010, 01:27 PM   #23
Inner Circle

Dear Friends,

These photos are courtesy of Mr. Rick Kelly.

The first photo shows the nanoFlash upside down. This allows one to see the new accessory in better detail.

The second photo shows the kit with two screws and an Allen wrench.

The third photo shows the new accessory from underneath, to show the detail, while the nanoFlash is in a normal right-side up position.

The open area allows easy access to the CompactFlash cards while protecting the Card Eject Buttons.

If the CompactFlash card Eject buttons are pressed via one's thumb, then the card will never fly out.
Attached Thumbnails
Eject Button Protectors: Accessory, or Necessity?-nano_card_protector_108114825_std.jpg   Eject Button Protectors: Accessory, or Necessity?-nano_card_protector_kit_108115152_std.jpg  

Eject Button Protectors: Accessory, or Necessity?-nano_card_protector_108114825_std-right-side-up.jpg  
Old April 19th, 2010, 02:21 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Thanks Dan! You da best! Just ordered mine.
Old April 20th, 2010, 02:17 AM   #25
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Keaton View Post
Dear Friends,

These photos are courtesy of Mr. Rick Kelly.

The first photo shows the nanoFlash upside down. This allows one to see the new accessory in better detail.

The second photo shows the kit with two screws and an Allen wrench.

The third photo shows the new accessory from underneath, to show the detail, while the nanoFlash is in a normal right-side up position.

The open area allows easy access to the CompactFlash cards while protecting the Card Eject Buttons.

If the CompactFlash card Eject buttons are pressed via one's thumb, then the card will never fly out.
Thanks for the pic.. now I see how it works.. mines on the way from Rick
Robin Probyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 02:22 AM   #26
Major Player

Same here. Nice job!
Old April 20th, 2010, 02:40 AM   #27
Inner Circle

Dear Bob, Robin, and Peter,

Thank you for the kind comments and ordering one.
Old April 20th, 2010, 05:43 PM   #28
Regular Crew

Hey Dan,
Pleasure meeting you at NAB, great design on the CF protector. I mounted mine yesterday, works great.
Thanks.
Jim Bridges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 04:27 PM   #29
Major Player

Got mine today

Thank you Dan/CD and Rick for the fast shipment.
Cheers
Luben
Luben Izov is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey