Real Problems Using NanoFlash with Varicam in PAL-land - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old April 27th, 2010, 10:50 PM   #16
Major Player

I don't think that will help Mark as unless the Avid is doing a broadcast standard conversion, there will be frame rate issues. (I always wonder why those Snell and Wilcox Alchemists cost a million bucks). It's not an easy thing to smoothly convert 60fps to 50fps. But I will investigate.

Cheers,
Peter
Old April 28th, 2010, 07:11 AM   #17
Major Player

...on the other hand, converting 24 to 25fs is done all the time... A 4% audio pitch variation which can be compensated for...I know CineForm does it automatically in their conversion utility.

The problem is that the Varicam only does 720p, which means the only HD compliant video stream to travel over SDI is 720p60.

I wonder if the nano can sense the pulldown?
Old April 28th, 2010, 12:13 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Dear Tim,

We can detect duplicate frames and remove them.

We do not rely on "Flagged" frames, we actually check if the frames are duplicates and remove them if Pulldown Removal is checked in the menu.

Dear Friends,

As always, we highly recommend performing tests with your equipment and workflow when trying something new.
Old April 28th, 2010, 01:31 PM   #19
Trustee

Will Confirm Broadcast Standard Conversion in Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Corbett View Post
I don't think that will help Mark as unless the Avid is doing a broadcast standard conversion, there will be frame rate issues. (I always wonder why those Snell and Wilcox Alchemists cost a million bucks). It's not an easy thing to smoothly convert 60fps to 50fps. But I will investigate.

Cheers,
Peter
...Hey Peter: I'm pretty sure AMC will also format convert the NTSC piece to Pal and vice versa, but you have to edit in the format you recorded in first. Let me speak with another Avid Media Composer Broadcast editor I sometimes work with in the US and confirm this with him and get back to you. I'm still trying to reach him this week.
Mark Job is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey