nano3D is now shipping - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old September 27th, 2010, 04:36 PM   #31
Inner Circle

Dear Luben,

I probably do not fully understand your question, but here goes.

nano3D consists of two nanoFlashes.

The same nano3D firmware is installed in each nanoFlash, one at a time.

Thus, I think the proper answer is "Separately".

The Master Unit, the Top Unit has been preauthorized for 3D.

The Slave Unit, runs the same firmware, but does not need to be preauthorized for 3D.

A nano3D firmware release has both regular nanoFlash code and nano3D code.

The appropriate firmware is used when one selects 3D or 2D.

Thus, when one selects 3D in the menu, the Master Unit reboots with the nano3D firmware.

If 3D is turned off, then the Master Unit reboots with regular nanoFlash firmware.

When not running 3D, it apprears as a regular nanoFlash, with all of the features of a regular nanoFlash.
Old September 27th, 2010, 09:37 PM   #32
Major Player

Thank you Dan!,
Generally your answer was my question!.... I was rushing at the time and had written a lot more and I deleted a lot of it and I am glad you got the sense of it..... if all that make any sense?.... ;-)
Thank you.
Luben Izov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 10:15 AM   #33
Inner Circle

Best thing since sliced bread if you ask me! My whole 3D workflow is so simple with the Nano3D, all the files sync up, clip names match, timecodes match and of course all that legendary NanoFlash quality. Throw in the soon to arrive anaglyph output and disparity checking grid for on set monitoring and it's a no brainer. At IBC I did several daily 3D video blogs. I shot these recording combined side by side on the Nano3D. Edited the single clips (containing SBS) with a basic laptop and uploaded directly to YouTube. Could not have been simpler and was perfect for this application. I wouldn't do a more sophisticated production this way, but I can see many smaller low budget jobs being done like this.
Old September 30th, 2010, 01:10 PM   #34
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister Chapman View Post
Best thing since sliced bread if you ask me! My whole 3D workflow is so simple with the Nano3D, all the files sync up, clip names match, timecodes match and of course all that legendary NanoFlash quality. Throw in the soon to arrive anaglyph output and disparity checking grid for on set monitoring and it's a no brainer. At IBC I did several daily 3D video blogs. I shot these recording combined side by side on the Nano3D. Edited the single clips (containing SBS) with a basic laptop and uploaded directly to YouTube. Could not have been simpler and was perfect for this application. I wouldn't do a more sophisticated production this way, but I can see many smaller low budget jobs being done like this.
Thank you Alister!,
Please let me know if you ever come to the Pacific part of Canada (Vancouver area). I wanna pick your brain on this and that if thats O.K. of course ;-).
Your comments are much appreciated!
Luben
Luben Izov is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey