Summary - Status of Certain Issues at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old August 23rd, 2010, 01:27 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Summary - Status of Certain Issues

Dear Friends,

I am posting here to provide a follow up to certain threads.

Frankly, certain thread titles or headings give the wrong impression, and one has the read all of the thread to find the answer.

B&H says nanoFlash is "Discontinued"

No the nanoFlash has not been discontinued.

B&H stopped offering our regular nanoFlash, one with a Power Supply and CompactFlash card reader, and started offering our nanoFlash Bundle which adds additional items, a Hotshoe Ball Mount, an HD-SDI cable, a P-Tap (D-Tap) cable, and HDMI cable and the Power Supply and CompactFlash card reader.

These additional items help ensure that the customer has a pleasent experience when they first get the nanoFlash.

Other dealers continue to sell either just the nanoFlash or the nanoFlash Bundle, or both.

HDMI Input Not Working

One problem was related to the HDMI cable.

I am not clear if the other problem was resolved or not, but the nanoFlash worked with another HDMI source.

Large Amounts of Flash XDR's on eBay

A company was advertising on eBay, listing that they had 10 Flash XDR's on sale, but they did not actually have any. The listing was removed at our request.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 03:30 PM   #2
Trustee

Not an accurate characterization

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Keaton View Post
Dear Friends,

I am posting here to provide a follow up to certain threads.

Frankly, certain thread titles or headings give the wrong impression, and one has the read all of the thread to find the answer.
Large Amounts of Flash XDR's on eBay

A company was advertising on eBay, listing that they had 10 Flash XDR's on sale, but they did not actually have any. The listing was removed at our request.
Hi Dan:
Frankly, I feel accused of posting a misleading thread. At the time I made this post the information I had *was correct. There was such extant ebay adds, and they listed 10 Plus* Flash XDR's available. I had no way of knowing the add was not accurate, since most folks who post such auctions on Ebay usually get removed from being able to do so pretty quickly if they're playing games. There was also an auction from Great Britain and another from Australia ? at the time I posted this notice as well. To me this constituted a large amount of Flash XDR's for sale.
Mark Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2010, 04:39 PM   #3
Major Player

Mark ...

I don't think any disparity was intended on Dan's part. He's just clarifying.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 04:39 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Dear Mark,

My post was not directed at you or your post in any way.

Your post was correct. The Flash XDR's were listed on eBay.

There was nothing wrong with your post or the other posts.

My post was to clear up the impression left by the topic headings.

For example, the nanoFlash is not discountinued, the HDMI input on the nanoFlash is working.

And, there is no longer a lot of ten nanoFlashes for sale on eBay.

Mark, I, in no way intended to accuse you of a misleading post. It was not misleading and it was factual.

Last edited by Dan Keaton; August 24th, 2010 at 07:07 AM.
Dan Keaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2010, 04:42 PM   #5
Trustee

My Apologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Keaton View Post
Dear Mark,

My post was not directed at you or your post in any way.

Your post was correct. The Flash XDR's were listed on eBay.

There was nothing wrong with your post or the other posts.

My post was clear up the impression left by the topic headings.

For example, the nanoFlash is not discountinued, the HDMI input on the nanoFlash is working.

And, there is no longer a lot of ten nanoFlashes for sale on eBay.

Mark, I, in no way intended to accuse you of a misleading post. It was not misleading and it was factual.
Hi Dan:
OK. I misunderstood your post. I apologize for going off at you. My bad totally !

Respectfully,

Mark Job
Mark Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2010, 09:43 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Dear Dan,

In the latest newsletter, Convergent Design states among other things:

"Next Firmware Beta scheduled. The next nanoFlash beta firmware is scheduled to be posted late this month. Planned features/enhancements include: Vegas “green screen” playback problem fixed, time-code sync issue resolved, Delkin 450X CF card compatibility resolved, wider analog audio input range adjustment (-99 to +44 dB), and a record delay option (0-100 frames) to compensate for trigger errors from tape-based cameras."

Well, this is all very nice (especially as I'm a Vegas user, so I'm looking forward to the green frame fix). However, I'm worried because you don't seem to be planning to restore to power save mode :(

Disabling the nanoFlash power button first, and next disabling the power save mode makes using this device somewhat inconvenient....

Also, can we still hope for SDI-embedded + analog audio mixing, and CF card hot-swapping? I know CD has been very busy, working on some very important project which - as you wrote in another thread - "has not been discussed on this forum", so I'm not pushing - just kindly asking for some ETA.

Thanks,

Piotr
Old August 24th, 2010, 06:30 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Dear Piotr,

Our next firmware release is in the testing stage now.

I know you have heard it before, but we really are quite busy.

We will get to the Power Save as soon as possible.

We are just like you, we want the Power Save option back also.
Old August 25th, 2010, 01:09 PM   #8
Major Player

Dear Dan,

We are sure you are very busy. And I truly think your concern for supporting your customers is outstanding. The majority of companies should have a look at your approach (and follow it !!). However, I hope that being very busy and setting priorities are concidered different things and I fully agree with Piotr: restoring Power Save should be first priority. Don take it as an offence, but in my opionion it should be on top of the list (shortly followed by profile settings).

Cees
Cees van Kempen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey