Mounting Nanoflash to EX1r at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old October 28th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #1
New Boot

Mounting Nanoflash to EX1r

Hello,

I'm going to be investing in a Nanoflash for my EX1r to get higher bitrate recordings, and I'm planning on powering it with the EX1/d-tap Swit batteries.

What sorts of ways are there to mount the nanoflash with the EX1r? I'd like to leave the hotshoe free for potentially using an H4N. I did look into a rails system to mount the nanoflash behind the camera, so it would still be easily mounted to a tripod/shoulder support.

Any ideas?!

Cheers,

Ollie
Ollie Needham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Mounting Nanoflash to EX1r

Westside av and dm accessories have well designed solutions
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2012, 10:43 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I use a Noga NF1108CA CineArm with both ends having 1/4'' threaded screws and screw it into the back 1/4'' screwhole on the handle.

B&H link: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/649743-REG/Noga_NF1108CA_NF1108CA_Cine_Arm.html
And I have a photo with the Nano equipped on the EX1R: https://plus.google.com/photos/10501...71807731889090

If you have already attached the rear cold shoe, this would mean you would have to disassemble that to use this configuration. If you're getting an EX1R new, they don't attach the rear cold shoe at the factory so you'll be fine.

I've been using the combo and it sped up post production because of the MOV format and FCP7. Also like the image quality 100Mbps Long-GOP produces. I unfortunately ran out of budget to get decent sized CF cards so I haven't been able to use it as much as I would like to. It also breathed life into my HC7 as well.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 08:55 AM   #4
New Boot

In regards to mounting Nano flash.
I have had great success with the "Juice design" base plate & arm for EX-1R.
Very solid & out of the way.
Juice Designs — EX1 / EX1R Base Plate
Paul DeBaets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 09:29 AM   #5
Inner Circle

You should check out Westside AV they have great options at fantastic prices. Olof is a pleasure to worth with and they are a sponsor on DVinfo.net.

Westside A V Home Page

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey