Consistent errors with Nano (long records) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old December 2nd, 2013, 03:43 AM   #1
Contributor

Consistent errors with Nano (long records)

It doesn't seem to matter what data rate but when recoding MXF files (for 1 -2 hours non stop) with Nano I will occasionally get a bunch of small files of a couple of frames 10 seconds in length that actually belong to another clip. That clip is corrupt and when I attempt to AMA link to the file in Avid it will identify itself as a different clip and stop that clip from working as well.

This occurred again on the weekend recording to only 35Mbs XDCAM 1920x1080 50i using an SDI connection from an FS700. I have seen the same thing via HDMI before as well.

These are Sandisk Extreme CF cards.
John Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2013, 10:59 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Consistent errors with Nano (long records)

Hi John just as a matter of interest is this happening with new CF cards or your old cards or is it only occurring with a particular card or is it a Nanoflash Hardware problem?
Try to find some one close by that has a Nanoflash that verify your findings on a different Nanoflash.

FWIW I also record long duration 3hr shows in MXF 80 and 100mbs so far and all my Sandisk cards are ok , My Delkin card is causing problems with I/O errors but that is a card problem.

cheers
Lance Librandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2013, 02:00 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Consistent errors with Nano (long records)

I had a similar problem long time ago. After i renewed the cables SDI never seen it again. I had quality cables but they were invisibly damaged through pressure. I cant figure out the relation to the problem with the corrupt files, hence now troublefree for years...
Ron Aerts is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey