Problem with Odyssey 7Q at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old February 18th, 2015, 09:13 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Problem with Odyssey 7Q

Is anyone experienced this problem? I've been using the Odyssey7Q since it came on the market and never had this problem (many others but never this one). The files playback normal in the Odyssey, if I play the SSD card from the computer or play it after it was transferred in the computer (MacBook Pro) the files play back as if in fast forward but the audio is OK. Others have been using this unit so is there a setting that I'm overlooking that would cause this?

Also, the playback in the unit freezes occasionally and won't let be get back to recording, I unplug/ plug the unit and everything is back to normal, until the next time.
Old February 20th, 2015, 12:22 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Problem with Odyssey 7Q

Dear Nino,

We do recommend uploading our files from our SSD first, instead of playing them via any software in a computer directly from the SSD.

This is for safety, to help ensure that a computer, while attempting to index the files on the SSD, o
r a Non-Linear Editor or other program, writing files to the SSD causing problems.

The Playback Speed is controlled by the Project Frame Rate setting in the Odyssey7Q.

If your press the Gear Button (Upper Left Hand Corner) on the Odyssey7Q,
the Press Setup, then set the Project Frame Rate as desired (before recording).

This controls the Playback Frame Rate and sets the Frame Rate for the NLE.

I hope this helps.

Or you can call me at:

seven one nine ---- nine three zero ---- one three seven six

Respectfully,

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey