End Credits in After Effects at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old August 3rd, 2007, 10:29 AM   #1
Regular Crew

End Credits in After Effects

I want to make the scrolling up credits like at the end of movies. How exactly do you make them? Thanks!
Kyle Kauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2007, 10:44 AM   #2
Major Player

Are you sold on AE? I guess one way would be to just create a text file then create a camera and scroll it down (or move the text up with a start and end keyframe). That's a pretty ghetto way, but it would work. I'd recommend using FCP or the comparable. It's a lot easier and the timing is simplistic.
Alex Sprinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2007, 10:31 AM   #3
Major Player

If you have illustrator (or photoshop) place all the text into a file, if your using illustrator make sure you adjust the page size to fit around the text. Import the file into AE and animate (motion). I do this in Premiere and it works great and if you find a typo, or want to add to the credits, simply edit the original ill file.
Jon
Jon Jaschob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2007, 08:18 AM   #4
Major Player

Don`t forget to add a little motion blur to make motion more smooth, it really makes a world of difference. And do not use too thin fonts.
Jiri Fiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2007, 10:01 AM   #5
Major Player

What NLE are you working in? Premiere allows you to add animated titles. If you need to work in AE, create a text layer, insert your text, and animate it using y position.
Dale Stoltzfus is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects