photoshop export artificing question / FCP at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old December 23rd, 2008, 07:03 PM   #1
Regular Crew

photoshop export artificing question / FCP

Out of necessity I am having to utilise photoshop cs3 to add a blood effect to a piece of footage. Back in FCP when I export those altered clips now are artificing.

How would you suggest I export from FCP to CS3 and from photoshop CS3 to FCP to avoid this issue.? It's an HD project, with settings set for no field dominance.

I think the issue may be caused by me using a blur tool over progressive footage in CS3. Should I interlace to use the blur tool in CS3 then deinterlace back in FCP? My mind can't quite get round the issue so I thought I'd hit the forums.

Any advice or comments appreciated.

Thanks
David Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2008, 04:58 AM   #2
Regular Crew

anyone got a clue on this? or can point me in the direction of a reource to answer these types of questions? any help appreciated, i'm in a mire of unanswered questions brought about by having to do so much end of line stuff myself. thanks
Old December 30th, 2008, 04:07 AM   #3
Regular Crew

sorted. I just placed a deinterlace filter on it and its playing back fine on the dvd burn. tricky tracking down the issue and may have lost quality somewhere along the line but all seems ok now. Not sure at what point it went off though so may face this one again. we shall see.
Thread Closed
Old January 5th, 2009, 11:35 AM   #4
Major Player

Did you say your video is progressive? Or that you are just exporting as no field dominance? You should be able to export a full quality PSD or TIFF from FCP, and I guess you would want to de-interlace IN PHOTOSHOP if the footage is indeed interlaced.
But if your footage is progressive de-interlacing is simply blurring it. Also don't use jpegs, in case they are introducing extra compression.
Aric Mannion is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects