telestrater? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old January 2nd, 2009, 02:19 AM   #1
New Boot

telestrater?

I have an intuos touch pad that i would like to use as a type of telestrator. i want to be able to set up this effect so that i could draw on video that was playing but only recording the telestrator graphics and then super the created graphics in post.

does anybody have any ideas? or a better work flow idea? i havent used a telestrator before and now that i think of it, it seems quite complicated for an effect that i have become accustomed to seeing.

I have an older version of after effects (6.0 or something like that) and it would seem to me that this would be the place to start...maybe not.
Phillip Marlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2009, 06:22 AM   #2
Trustee

I have AE CS3 and I know that you can draw on a layer. Not sure if that feature is in your version but it seems like a pretty basic feature.

If you have this feature in your AE version, drop the footage into your comp then add the layer that you want to draw on. Use the pen to write on what you want then switch off the background video layer. Since your version is pre-Dynamic Link you'll have to render the comp. Make sure that you render it out with alpha (millions of colors +). You should be able to drop that into your NLE.

You could also do the whole thing in AE by rendering out the drawing layer and background video in a single clip. Whatever you prefer.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects