AE CS5 is here at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old April 30th, 2010, 02:51 PM   #1
Inner Circle

AE CS5 is here

Adobe sent an email last night notifying me that AE CS5 can now be downloaded. I put in a pre-order earlier this month.

I got it right away and soon found out that any plug-ins also have to be 64-bit. Primatte and Composite Wizard are still 32-bit and won't work with this latest version of After Effects.

The really good news is that with Snow Leopard on a Mac AE can make full use of all 16 gigabytes of RAM in my Mac Pro.

Hadn't had a chance to see what this can do, but a test render seems to indicate that it works about 30% faster. I'll know better when my favorite plugins are released in 64 bit.
Old April 30th, 2010, 03:14 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Take a look at the Rotobrush tool

If any of you have done roto work you're going to love this!

After Effects CS5 Feature Tour - Rotoscope with Rotobrush in After Effects CS5 | Adobe TV

There was a commercial in which I spent five hours to work on three or four seconds of video, painstakingly rotoscoping several moving and changing elements in a shot. This would have accomplished this in a fraction of the time.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects