Can someone Help w/this? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old April 24th, 2007, 11:56 AM   #1
Tourist

After Effects Rendering Question.

Hi,
Can anyone give me a hand with this.
Everytime I try to render a project w/After Effects 7 I get the following error message:

After Effects can't continue: sorry, After Effects has crashed. See www.adobe.com/support/products/aftereffects.html for known issues. If you still can't resolve the issue, please contact Adobe Technical Support (2). (0::42)"

I'm currently working w/an Intel Pentium 4 Processor 3.2Ghz, 1GB of DDR333 PC2700 Non-Ecc Memory (512MB x2)

And a GeForceFX 5200-8x 128MB Video Card

It looks like my Video Card should support AFX7, however

Previously I had to dowload new drivers for my Video Card in order to solve a problem w/AFX crashing when I tried to open it. So I don't know if that's the problem or not.

I just checked the Adobe site, and here's what they had to say about the same problem:

1. Uninstall QuickTime and then reinstall it.

********If it's up to date do i need to do this?***********

2. Update your graphics card's drivers (if you're on Windows, otherwise make sure you're using the latest OS X version.)

***********Already did that************

3. Rebuild your preference file (all you Preference settings will be lost, unfortunately) by holding down Cmd-Opt-Shift / Ctrl-Alt-Shift directly after you've clicked the AE icon.

**********NOt sure what this will do***********

4. Run a disk check to make sure your harddrive isn't damaged.

5. Also, uninstall any thrird-party codecs such as XviD, DivX, FFDShow etcetera.

********I think I do Have DivX on my computer. Does this make a difference?**********

Any help that someone can give w/this would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks,
--Mark

Last edited by Mark Ortiz; April 24th, 2007 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Want to make heading more specific
Mark Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2007, 02:46 PM   #2
Regular Crew

AE7 crashing

Hey Mark,
I have this happening every once in a while too. I have a GeForce 5500 with the updated drivers. Adobe also mentions lowering the color quality to 16 bits and hardware acceleration down to the 2nd click.

I also stop all other unnecessary processes and I have a render drive set for a different drive than my C: drive.

And I save often since it still happens intermittently.

Hope this helps.
Jim
Jim Bucciferro is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects