Vimeo Launches PRO Service - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old August 22nd, 2011, 06:23 AM   #31
Regular Crew

Re: Vimeo Launches PRO Service

I'm interested in these advanced statistics mentioned. They don't elaborate. I don't have a YouTube account but I've helped people see where their videos were most effective by looking at what YouTube terms "hot spots," etc. It takes a lot of views for these breakdowns to be meaningful but it's good info when it's significant. Does anybody know if something similar would be available on Vimeo PRO service's advanced statistics?
Denise Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2011, 08:31 PM   #32
Regular Crew

I just tried Vimeo "PRO". Cutting and pasting the your video is ready URL across platforms and browsers was an epic fail on the part of Vimeo. 90% of my testing resulted in a Video not found when I pasted in the URL Vimeo sent me. $200 for "PRO" and no phone support is unacceptable. I requested a refund.
Konrad Haskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 02:07 PM   #33
Major Player

That's great Josh I may use Vimeo Pro at some point because I saw your site now.
Mark David Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 11:01 AM   #34
Regular Crew

Hey Josh,

I like your site, nice design and the video content is top-notch. Since I'm considering taking the leap to Vimeo Pro myself, for my own video production company, I wanted to ask if you remain happy with Vimeo Pro. Would you recommend it to other prodcos such as yours?

Thanks!

P.S. Others please feel free to throw in your two cents.
Greg Joyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 03:33 PM   #35
Major Player

Thanks Greg,

Vimeo Pro great for what it is - getting video up fast and presenting it cleanly.

Over the past few weeks I've been using it a lot to send review videos to clients. It's quick and easy to upload, send a private link, and password protect it. I don't have to worry about them having the right player, and it always looks great. They've been able to pass that link and password on to colleagues in different cities for review, and it's all worked smoothly.

I don't have any coding knowledge at all - for people like me it's superb. For those who are comfortable with html/css or even using an app like Dreamweaver, I'm sure there are better (or at least much more flexible) options. But with the Vimeo set-up you can have a site up in a morning and get back to shooting video in the afternoon. Just choose a template, assign a url, upload a logo and a few videos, type in a couple of headings, you're done!
Josh Dahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 04:58 PM   #36
Regular Crew

Thanks, Josh, very good to know!

Just to confirm, you used Vimeo Pro to create both the Corporate video by Videoworks, Wellington and Videoworks Showcase sites, correct?

BTW, I think the videoworks page is especially clean and elegant.
Greg Joyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 05:07 PM   #37
Major Player

I'm afraid not Greg.

The Videoworks page is my old site - it's been there about four years without any update (I loathe the old videos I have on there - I'd just started up in business and didn't really know what I was doing!). While I created the look, I had to rely on a friend to do all the coding. That's about to be pulled down and replaced with something that looks totally different (something with more functionality/pages etc), but once more I'm paying someone else to code it.

However, we will embed videos in the new site using Vimeo Pro, so even though it's not a Vimeo site, it will be using the Vimeo Pro engine. Again it makes updating videos a breeze.

The Videoguru site I'm using as a portfolio site, and this is what I made using a Vimeo template - it's 100% Vimeo.
Josh Dahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 05:36 PM   #38
Regular Crew

Gotcha.

Though I wish Vimeo Pro enabled non-coders like you and me to create nice web pages as well as host video, the ability to easily share video with clients is a valuable feature. Will need to give this some more thought. (I really don't have the time to learn to code or to learn Dreamweaver.)

Thanks so much for taking the time to explain this, Josh.
Greg Joyce is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News