Panasonic AG-PX270 - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old April 21st, 2014, 06:54 PM   #61
Major Player

Re: Panasonic AG-PX270

new review looks great but what about this ?
AVC-Ultra at 200 Mbps requires a paid upgrade!!

here is the article

First Look: Panasonic AJ-PX270 Camcorder | Studio Daily
Doug Tessler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2014, 11:31 AM   #62
Austinite

It took some help to get the menu to work on the AJ-PX270 - you have to hold the MENU button down for 3 seconds...

Also - no AVCultra option in the menu?

https://www.facebook.com/OmegaBroadc...24128824296463
Phil Goetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2014, 12:23 PM   #63
Regular Crew

Actually, the AVCUltra refers to the "family" of codecs which include the AVCi and LongG variations. So they are ALL AVCUltra.
James Hobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2014, 02:43 PM   #64
Regular Crew

Panasonic AVC-Ultra family of codecs
the relevant picture from this site http://666kb.com/i/cnqey797ns8jzmkpy.jpg

IIRC... this is the latest AVC-ULTRA Overview as .pdf
ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/panasoni...hite-paper.pdf
Hans Stephan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2014, 08:08 AM   #65
Austinite

AVC-ultra 200 is a paid upgrade. I ended up shooting 1080 60p AVC-Intra 100 cine-v at sunset last night.
Old April 23rd, 2014, 12:52 PM   #66
Major Player

just ordered one will have it in 4 days :)
Old April 23rd, 2014, 04:38 PM   #67
Austinite

Downloadable original P2 card file for loading into your NLE is posted. Shot with the camera in the front yard as the sun was going down. Close ups, mediums and wide shots. All shots AVCintra-100 60p / 5600K white balance / F5: CINE V. I reset the camera to factory settings and reset the scene file before shooting. I did a black balance as well.

It is a 1.45gb download and may take some time depending on your connection speed. Download will start instantly. Make your browser window full size so you don't start downloading it twice.

Go here and scroll down:

Panasonic AJ-PX270
Old April 24th, 2014, 07:56 AM   #68
Major Player

Hi Phil, how good was it in dim lighting situations considering the 1/3 inch chip?
Roshdi Alkadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2014, 10:51 AM   #69
Major Player

I cancelled my order because importing it into to FCP X it didn't look good . Very noisy then I did some research on it . An article said the Long -Gop is cleaner but that it is not supported i FCPX :(

Thats a deal breaker for me

Doug
Old April 24th, 2014, 12:26 PM   #70
Regular Crew

Low light was good in my use and comparison so far. Really good for a 1/3" sensor. It's a stop faster than the best previous 1/3" Panny cameras and it handles noise better too so going to +6 or +12db isn't bad at all. Definitely a welcome bonus on top of everything else it offers.
James Hobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2014, 11:07 AM   #71
Major Player

I have this camera on loan and its amazing . I am really thinking of getting this now . I was able to shoot with a class 10 SD card at 1080 I and it looks so amazing I can't imagine what it will eb will the micro p2 cards . Will post some footage of some nature stuff I did later on this week

Doug
Old May 2nd, 2014, 08:43 AM   #72
Austinite

Please do not ever take any of the footage I post on the Internet to download and manipulate in your video editing system and claim it at the primary reason to buy or not to buy a camera. When I get a new camera I reset all the settings and set the camera to manual and build up a couple settings / controls. I report what I have set the camera to. I sometimes have time to take requests and shoot footage again a little differently. I sometimes get original media cards back from experienced camera operators and share that too. I know what I shoot isn't a proper "test" with a charts and such and I am not on a film set shooting extra footage over someone's shoulder, but what I provide should simply be a conversation starter. We sell all cameras and have lots of options. There is this thing called a learning curve. We are all on it somewhere.

Follow us @omegabroadcast
Old May 2nd, 2014, 11:15 AM   #73
Major Player

Well Phil I work on a mac and the only way fo see the files was to import it in to the mac on FCPX

Have a great weekend too

Doug
Old May 8th, 2014, 01:28 PM   #74
Major Player

I have had this camera for a week now and its so amazing to use. I even shot some footage on auto and it worked out very well. Doing a big event in Orllando with a Red camera next Friday and Sautrday will post some footage from that event .

Doug
Old May 24th, 2014, 11:46 AM   #75
Tourist

Hey Guys, we are a hindu temple located in India and we recently bought a few of the Panasonic AJ-PX270 P2 cameras and we are having some difficulty optimizing the settings. We do a daily broadcast every morning, and have been seeing some problems with the quality of the video. Attached below is a sample of the type of shooting done with the camera. Please note the lighting, the background and clothing of the personnel in the frame, as they are the same more or less everyday. Most of the lighting is composed of halogen lights and or tube lighting with occasional sunlight peaking through. We have been previously using the Panasonic AC 160 and loved those results. When we compare it to the new PX-270 we've found that the quality and sharpness on the PX-270 is a bit lower than the AC 160. Is this something that is done post production? or is there a setting for that?. Any idea as to what could be causing this? Any and all help is appreciated here. Thanks again! The video in the link is has 3 cameras The side cameras are the PX270's and the center camera is AC160. The video is a reference for the type of shooting we do. On the PX270 our resolution is 1920 X 1080 at 50p, the codec is AVC-LongG 25. We can't get the PX270 to look as sharp and detailed as the AC160.

Thanks,
-Parth Savalia
Parth Savalia is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News