New Canon Cinema EOS C200 and 200B - Page 11 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old July 28th, 2017, 07:58 AM   #151
Inner Circle

Re: New Canon Cinema EOS C200 and 200B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Brockett View Post
Straight from the horses mouth. Now the questions are, "4:2:2?" and "At what bit rate" although signs are leaning toward 4:2:0 and 150 Mbps.
I am going to guess the same bitrate. There has always been an 8-bit 4:2:2 version of XF-AVC in MXF. There is no reason to have to work on it, the XC10 shipped with that exact codec. What doesn't exist is a non-proxy bitrate version of 8-bit 4:2:0, so that's why it's being worked on.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2017, 06:36 PM   #152
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Huff View Post
I am going to guess the same bitrate. There has always been an 8-bit 4:2:2 version of XF-AVC in MXF. There is no reason to have to work on it, the XC10 shipped with that exact codec. What doesn't exist is a non-proxy bitrate version of 8-bit 4:2:0, so that's why it's being worked on.
In a way, that's good to know for potential buyers. Don't count on something that "could" be implemented in the future. If you want this camera, it sounds as if the 4:2:0 8-bit .MP4 or Cinema RAW Light are really about it, unless you are willing to hook up an external recorder. Any 8-bit 4:2:0 XF-AVC would actually be less desirable for me, at least clients can view an .MP4 easily whereas lots of clients have been stumped by how to view XF-AVC. The increased meta-data would be nice but the images and sound will not be any better it sounds like.
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2017, 02:42 PM   #153
Inner Circle

With the C300 Mark II being down to $9999, I think that is a steal of a deal. You can still record raw (with an Odyssey or Atomos recorder), so you really just lose the no crop HFR, 4kp60, and the touchscreen, but you gain 10-bit 4:2:2 minimum quality in all modes, and 12-bit 444 internally in 1080/2k.

For what I do, raw is a non-issue and yeah, 4kp60 would have been nice for a project (not even for the 60 but for 48fps), but it wasn't an issue to do in 2k.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News