Sound Devises sold! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old October 18th, 2021, 04:09 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Sound Devises sold!

Many of us industry guys agree that after some time you get a feel for good gear, starting with hearing about the company, using one or two of their products, then following the features and release of their new gear over the years.

A couple of these outfits are Nagra and Sound Devices. Like many others I’ve been fortunate to use gear from both these companies, and still own my Nagra 4S recorder and Sound Devices 302 mixer, at the time both excellent examples of state of the art in pro recording.

So it’s with some sadness we read that Sound Devices has been sold to Audiotonix.

We trust that SD will still continue with great development and new features in their products, but I agree with the comments here …

https://www.newsshooter.com/2021/10/...by-audiotonix/

Cheers.

Last edited by Allan Black; October 18th, 2021 at 08:07 PM.
Allan Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2021, 12:48 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Sound Devises sold!

If it’s done properly, it works very well for the customer base. Digico and SSL don’t seem to have suffered, and the Behringer take overs have been positive for owners. Better to be taken over, than shut down.
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2021, 03:08 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: Sound Devises sold!

Paul, it looks like the very successful Sound Devices has been sold by the 2 clever guys who formed and ran the company for 23 years. I know the Rode guys and like many other outfits that keep growing, keeping your 2 groups together is paramount, the clever thinkers and salesmen who come up with the ideas for new product, and the group who put them together.

Love this, the Sound Devices MixPres have five methods for observing the VU meters. The first is each channel knob has a LED ring that surrounds it, and the brightness of the colors tracks the level of the input. So the brighter it is, the hotter your signal. And each is capable of displaying the following colors.

Green means you have good signal. Red means your signal is peaking. Orange means your signal is limiting. And when a channel is in solo mode, the LED ring will flash orange. That is genius! I might hire one of the SD MixPre 2s just to watch the changing colours of the meters :)

Cheers.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News