The GH5 broke and I have to change it. Help!!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old November 27th, 2021, 10:51 AM   #1
Major Player

The GH5 broke and I have to change it. Help!!!

Hello everyone, I hope someone will help me.
Unfortunately, the GH5 fell to the ground and I don't want to talk about it again. Even the Leica lens does not work. I don't take photos but only videos in 4K.
I am desperate!!
I would like to ask you a question: do you think it would be better for me to remake the GH5 maybe the second generation one or buy a fairly small (but not handheld) quality video camera directly?
I only make documentaries in 4K, nothing else.
Is there a video camera whose image quality approaches the GH5? I am mainly interested in the quality of the images in 4K but also quite fast in use.
Can you tell me if I should buy a good video camera or a second generation GH5? Can this new GH5 give something more than the old GH5 in image quality? However, I'm not the type that he likes to fiddle with the Menu once it's configured well. I'm not a super expert, even if I used the GH5 enough, I mean enough and not very well.
Thank you very much for your advice.
Old December 6th, 2021, 01:54 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: The GH5 broke and I have to change it. Help!!!

Not sure what you're shooting style is so this is going to be hit or miss recommendation; If you don't need to manipulate depth of field a lot, or shoot ultra-wide, then I'd recommend a simpler 4K consumer video camera, such as the Sony FDR-AX100 (if still produced). Should be used on a support, not handheld.
If by fast you mean fast turn-around, simple editing, then the AX100 can offer that. If you mean fast as in lens, it won't.

Mark
Mark Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2021, 08:34 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: The GH5 broke and I have to change it. Help!!!

GH5 is on sale right now at B&H. For what it is, even 4 yrs old, it's unbelievably cheap/inexpensive. If that's what you're used to and what you like just get a new one.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News