Apple Releases 8-Core MAC PRO! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old April 5th, 2007, 02:20 PM   #16
Regular Crew

What about NAB

Interesting Apple would release a processor upgrade just before NAB. Obviously, there will be software to match.
Old April 5th, 2007, 07:53 PM   #17
Major Player

I agree. NAB is going to focus really on the PRO APPS. I hope Jobs does a Keynote...if he does, he is likely to mention how the Apple TV is going, and hopefully will say "we are adding HD movies with Surround Sound to the iTunes Store."
Steve Benner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2007, 09:17 PM   #18
Trustee

As I said in another thread, don’t be surprised if Apple unveils a new MacBook Pro at the NAB as well.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2007, 05:18 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira View Post
As I said in another thread, don’t be surprised if Apple unveils a new MacBook Pro at the NAB as well.
Quad-Core maybe?

I am going to be buying a new computer by the end of summer (I still only have Powerbook G4 1.33, 2 GHZ RAM). I bought this when the Dual G5's were out, but needed a Laptop. The same principle goes now. I really think I would be fine with a MAXED OUT iMac (3 gigs RAM, 750 Gig Hard Drive, 24 Inch Screen, etc), but I do not want a Dual Core Chip since it is so far below what Apple is starting to release now. I want the next CPU I buy to last a little longer, and I don't need a laptop this time around.

I am hoping that Apple adds a Quad-Core to both the Macbook Pro and the iMac 24".
Steve Benner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2007, 02:14 PM   #20
Trustee

Apple have always been known to charge a whole lot of money for upgrades such as RAM, etc, but with this latest release, the prices isn’t that bad.

Apple even lowered the prices of the monitors at the same time and something tells me that the reason Apple is releasing this computer before NAB is to get rid of those monitors so maybe newer versions will be shown at NAB.
My guess would be at least a 24” 1920X1200 display with HDMI 1.3 complaint ports.

Last edited by Paulo Teixeira; April 6th, 2007 at 04:23 PM.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2007, 07:52 PM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Benner View Post
Quad-Core maybe?

I am going to be buying a new computer by the end of summer (I still only have Powerbook G4 1.33, 2 GHZ RAM). I bought this when the Dual G5's were out, but needed a Laptop. The same principle goes now. I really think I would be fine with a MAXED OUT iMac (3 gigs RAM, 750 Gig Hard Drive, 24 Inch Screen, etc), but I do not want a Dual Core Chip since it is so far below what Apple is starting to release now. I want the next CPU I buy to last a little longer, and I don't need a laptop this time around.

I am hoping that Apple adds a Quad-Core to both the Macbook Pro and the iMac 24".
Quad Core mobile parts won't come until the 45nm Penryn processors are delivered in Q3 of this year. I think that the iMac will be going quad core as well this year.
Harrison Murchison is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News