New MacBook Pros - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old June 11th, 2007, 06:00 PM   #16
Trustee

I'm pretty sure you cna get an internal blue-ray burner for the 17" from fastmac.com of course I think that in addition to a 1920x1200 screen brings the total cost up near 5k, which, uh, is a lot.
Old June 11th, 2007, 06:49 PM   #17
MPS Digital Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gorski View Post
Quadcore iMac would be wonderful but knowing Apple I'm hesitant. Just bought a 24" 2.16 Intel Core 2 Duo with 2 GB of RAM and its wonderful this past November. Although I have no money nor desire for another Mac, can't wait to see where the iMac is going. Its beautiful now, its amazing when you think you can't make it better, Apple somehow finds a way.
I'd love a quadcore MacBook Pro.

heath
Old June 11th, 2007, 09:27 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff View Post
We have a few of the 15" Dell laptops at work, and I have to agree with Heath and Bill. These machines are used for regular "office stuff" like spreadsheets, word processing, etc. and the default fonts are really difficult to read.
I'd have to disagree there. My Dell Inspiron 5150 which is about 4 years old now has a 15" screen that's 1600x1200. Much the same as a 1920x1200 15.4" widescreen. It's a very high quality screen, and to be honest the text is no more difficult to read than any book or newspaper. But having that extra resolution really makes a difference for video, audio editing or graphics releated programs.
Old June 17th, 2007, 12:12 PM   #19
Regular Crew

and if u are buying the 15" model, do you really want to pay extra $420+ to get 128 meg additional VRAM? All macbook pro should come stock with 256 VRAM.
Jason Strongfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2007, 12:51 PM   #20
Major Player

Quad-Core Laptop would be nice but finding a place to put a 2nd CPU would force them to redesign the entire MBP system. I think they'll wait a little bit. While the new MBP's are nice, its not that much faster...not enough to feel bad if you own a previous gen. one. I think I read on macrumors forums that the speed difference is like 6% and maybe 10% in extreme cases.

- Kyle
Old June 17th, 2007, 02:20 PM   #21
Regular Crew

HD DVD vs. Blue Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Williams View Post
until they put in a blue ray hdv burner I am not interested apple is just buying time this upgrade should have had more in it hdv burner, quadcore, ect....

Is Blue Ray going to out do HD DVD? I have not been keeping up.
I know with cassettes 8 tracks went out and were obsolete real quick.

If I were 2 invest in a $600 Blue Ray DVD burner to go with my MacBook Pro 17 in, would that be the same mistake as buying an 8 track player back when they came out?

By the way that would be SWEET if they had a blue ray burner in the MacBook Pro!!!!
Joseph Hutson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News