distribution workflow at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Distribution Center
PC or Mac, how to take your video to DVD or the Internet.

Old May 15th, 2009, 03:14 PM   #1
Regular Crew

distribution workflow

I am having trouble with interlacing. I shoot at 24p(advanced), edit in 24p(advanced) and every thing if fine until I am trying to pick a final format.

I have been exporting as a DV AVI out of my Editing program, the problem is when i open it up to encode it in another program I have tons of interlacing issues.

I have tried virtual dub as well as avidemux, they all seem to create interlacing issues that shouldn't be there in the first place. Granted, i have a limited understanding of 24p, and I may be misunderstanding some thing, but I know that within my editing program, when i bring the exported file back in, every thing looks fine. If I try to do any thing with the file, it breaks the image apart into interlaced fields, and the problem is that it ends up in the encoded file when i pick a codec (x.264 or xvid or what ever).

I am sure that I am just doing some thing wrong, but it doesn't make sense to me that I need to throw a deinterlacer onto 24p footage.

Edit:
Is it possible that the external programs I am trying to encode my final footage just can't handle a 24pa DV AVI file? Again I have tried virtual dub and avidemux and both add an extremely ugly interlaced frame every 4 or 5 frames which doesn't exist in the editing program working with the same file. I understand the difference between the 2:3 pulldown and the 2:3:3:2 pulldown, and it seems to do with the pulldown.

I am just not happy with the options in the adobe media encoder for exporting straight out of premiere, and I have been just exporting a 24pA DV AVI. What other options do I have if I want to use an external program to encode with out losing any quality?

Last edited by Nils Hoover; May 15th, 2009 at 08:18 PM.
Nils Hoover is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center