Problems viewing QT-films at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Distribution Center
PC or Mac, how to take your video to DVD or the Internet.

Old July 2nd, 2007, 12:34 AM   #1
Trustee

Problems viewing QT-films

Hello,
I've got reports that some of my visitors at my website:
http://www.video-film.no/galleri_eng.html are not able to view/play my QT-films.
They are reporting that the films don't start to play when they click on the links. The QT-films are embedded in the html-file.

I can't find any problems with the QT-films myself, they play well in all pc I have tried.

Appreciate any feedback

Last edited by Per Johan Naesje; July 2nd, 2007 at 01:41 AM.
Per Johan Naesje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 06:18 AM   #2
Inner Circle

The couple of pages I looked at had HTML that seemed right as long as they all have autoplay=true. Two possibilities come to mind. One is that the users saying they don't play have the expectation that they will play immediately. Since they are large progressive download files, it takes a few minutes before they start to play. The other possibility is that for whatever reason, their Quicktime installation didn't install the plugin for the browser they are using. Reinstalling QT may solve the later. Setting expectations will solve the former.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 09:24 AM   #3
Trustee

It works fine for me, and I have QT 7.1 on Windows. Perhaps they do not have enough bandwidth? You seem to be using a high bit rate.
Emre Safak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2007, 12:45 PM   #4
Inner Circle

They play fine for me too, and I also use the QT 7.1.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2007, 10:13 PM   #5
Major Player

they played fine for me,

and I'm glad they did...Nice work.

On other sites I've run into problems playing QT files, sometimes getting the message that QT was missing some software that cannot be found on the QT site. That seems to happen most often when the video plays within a separate QT window. That didn't happen with yours, though.
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center