Re-Wrap Hangs - Suggestions? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap
The official support forums for divergent media's ScopeBox (video monitoring and recorder) and ClipWrap (m2t to .mov re-wrap).

Old November 12th, 2009, 12:10 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Re-Wrap Hangs - Suggestions?

Hey Everyone,

I wrote a post about how ClipWrap hangs when rewrapping a 50 minute M2T. I can't see how to delete it so i've changed the body of text instead.

Reason for edit is because i've realised it was due to hard disk running out of space. My re-wrapped QuickTime file was only 25% processed, yet already over 70gb. Should i be surprised at this?

I wonder if anyone can suggest to me ways of re-wrapping whole HDV tapes captured to M2T into a file size that is maneagable. I know ProRes would be an option but i would rather wrap instead of transcode?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil

Last edited by Neil Rostance; November 12th, 2009 at 12:15 PM. Reason: changed my subject matter.
Neil Rostance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2009, 02:54 PM   #2
divergent media

Neil,

We've seen this happen a few times - it occurs when the audio stream is corrupted in some way. This in turn causes the audio codec to hang in a state where it tells us it still has remaining audio to decode, and continues to return bad audio samples until you kill the app. We've found no way to tell ahead of time what will cause the codec to do this, or to catch it while it's doing so.

If you send me a copy of the file I can take a look - each time we usually find a new form of corruption we can catch and work around... but unfortunately these bugs are such that theres no overarching fix we can apply that will solve this for the next case.

Email me directly and I can arrange to get the file from you.

mike
--
Mike Woodworth
mike@divergentmedia.com
Mike Woodworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 09:24 AM   #3
Tourist

"error finishing movie."

I get an "error finishing movie" error on about half the files I'm trying to Re-Wrap. I'm using AVCHD .mts files coming from a canon Vixia HF100. The .mts files were parts of single 35-50 minute recordings which the camera broke up into three 2.05gb files and one smaller one.

My system is a 2009 Mac Pro, eight cores @ 2.26 ghz, 16gb RAM.
I saw one post on the forum about Perian causing some conflicts, and uninstalled it but that did not remedy the problem.

Any ideas?
Kyle Duba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 04:38 PM   #4
divergent media

Kyle,

You don'y say in your original post, but my guess is the first file in each "span" is converting properly, and the remaining clips are erroring?

-mike
Mike Woodworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 05:54 PM   #5
Tourist

Sort of.

Yes, the first file from each span is fine in every instance. As to whether the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th files come out ok seems to be random. I've had cases where the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd (but not 4th) come out fine and cases where the 1st & 4th are ok (but not 2nd or 3rd). I've got instances of just about every other permutation of the scenario.
Kyle Duba is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap