clipwrap & FCP at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap
The official support forums for divergent media's ScopeBox (video monitoring and recorder) and ClipWrap (m2t to .mov re-wrap).

Old November 15th, 2009, 03:08 PM   #1
New Boot

clipwrap & FCP

I was experimenting with clipwrap for importing footage into FCP without transcoding everything via Log & Transfer.
My intention was to use the rewrap functionality in Clipwrap to create small .movs that I could trim down in FCP and then export or render only the footage that I need.

When I first imported the clips into FCP6 and conformed the sequence to the clips I noticed that the clips were stuttering on the timeline and the viewer.
They played fine in QTPro though.

Then I was experimenting with doing exports with QTpro of trimmed clips. I changed the export codec in QTP and did a few experiments.

Here is the strange part.

When I went back to FCP. The original re wrapped clips were now playing smoothly in the time line but were still stuttering in the viewer. The next time I opened FCP the clips were also playing smoothly in the viewer as well.

Does this make sense to anyone? I didn't do anything other than mess with QT pro export settings.

I'm wondering if anyone else is having issues using the rewrapped clips in FCP.

Thanks!
Chris Clifford is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap