CW 2.0.4 Hangs... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap

divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap
The official support forums for divergent media's ScopeBox (video monitoring and recorder) and ClipWrap (m2t to .mov re-wrap).

Old December 30th, 2009, 10:45 AM   #1
New Boot

CW 2.0.4 Hangs...

Hi..

just purchased and now trying to re-wrap my first MT2 file... but it hangs... almost as it gets to the end of the processing.

The details have
Output format: ReWrap
Timecode: 00:00:00:12
Format: HDV 1080i60
Audio: Mpeg Layer 2

the original file is 3.37GB on disk it came from a Sony HVR-Z5U

I have forced quit and restarted with the same result, anything else I can do?

Thanks.

-Steven
Steven Feinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2009, 12:37 PM   #2
Inner Circle

How did you get the file into your computer? Was is directly from a DDR?
Old December 30th, 2009, 01:33 PM   #3
New Boot

I copied the file off the Compact Flash from the MRC1K
Old December 30th, 2009, 03:36 PM   #4
divergent media

Steven,

Contact me directly, I can only think of one thing that may be causing this (and if it is, we have a fix in beta I'd like you to try).

mike
--
Mike Woodworth
mike@divergentmedia.com
Mike Woodworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2009, 04:14 PM   #5
New Boot

will do Mike.. when i get to a computer that I can email from.... thanks for your quick response....
Old December 30th, 2009, 04:41 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Are you using ClipWrap to transfer directly from the MRC1K? I have an intermittent problem with a JVC hard disk camera. For whatever reason it sometimes jams and never finishes the wrap if I put the m2t file in ClipWrap directly off the camera's hard drive. Transferring the m2t files to a hard drive in the computer system (internal or external) first before using ClipWrap solves the problem. Try this if you don't already transfer the files.

There might be a corruption in the file itself. This is harder to deal with. Download MPEGStreamclip and see if the file plays around the area you suspect to be the problem. If you find an area of corruption there are several methods to get around it if you are in a time crunch. I am not fully informed about the operation of the MRC1K but if it can play back a HDV stream thru the FireWire, try capturing the video this way, either through your NLE or use Apple's DVHSCap (look it up on this site to find out how to get it) to capture a m2t stream that you'll put through ClipWrap. Avoid recording the problem area. Or use MPEGStreamclip to create new QuickTime files from the file up to just before the problem starts and right after the problem stops, but be aware that MPEGStreamclip re-encodes the file so there will be some image loss. This why ClipWrap is a great program, no image loss.

Otherwise let Mike solve it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap