DIY alternative to indiSLIDERpro? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old September 4th, 2008, 05:29 PM   #31
New Boot

DIY Slider

Alastair, I really like your DIY slider.

I may be very interested in ordering one. My question is will it accommodate a Canon H1?
Assuming I have a heavy duty tripod.

Hank
Hank Bridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2008, 02:42 AM   #32
Major Player

Hi Hank,

Sure, H1 should not be a problem. I now ship the Glidetrack with both quarter twenty AND three eigth threads and studs so that you can cover all options.
Alastair Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2008, 08:24 AM   #33
Regular Crew

Fixing the Glidetrack

Hi Alastair,

Just received my Glidetrack today, thanks ! Looks and feels good. I am fixing my FX1 directly onto the Carriage Mount screw and I am fixing my tripods - a Libec H38 and TH650 - by their quick release plate screws into the 3/8th screw thread on the Glidetrack.
However I note that your Velbon head sits on the Carriage Mount - how it's attached I can't work out - but I don't see anyway of getting the Libec heads to do the same. Not sure if this is much of a problem or not and any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks again for your efficient despatch of the Glidetrack.

Mike Wade
Yorkshire Video Arts
Mike Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2008, 01:24 AM   #34
Major Player

Hi Mike,

As per our phone call I think we will be able to get you sorted. You have my number if you need to get in touch.

Happy Gliding!
Alastair Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2008, 01:43 AM   #35
Regular Crew

Thanks for the call, Alastair - very thoughtful and helpful. I think a little tripod head, such as you suggested, will improve things considerably. As it is the Glidecam works brilliantly with the little Sony A1.
Cheers,
Mike
Mike Wade is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable