Glidetrack - perfect for weddings! - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old August 22nd, 2008, 11:31 AM   #31
Major Player

Jason, I think you just switched me from 'want to' to 'have to'.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 03:49 PM   #32
Major Player

jason: way to go!

i've got a great bunch of glidetrack clips coming up in my next highlights, i would post it up asap but i'm away this weekend for my sister's wedding :)
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2008, 09:35 PM   #33
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Liebergot View Post
So Jason, for the ceremony, are you simply keeping your camera and Glidetrack attached to your tripod the entire time, and simply picking up the setup and moving it to different locations for the shots.

Or, are you detaching the glidetrack with camera attached and placing it on preset tripods when needed.

And are you still using the Omni-Tracker, or is it history how with the addition of the Glidetrack?
I'm picking up and moving Michael. Hate to be bringing a couple more Manfrottos. The OMNI is in hiatus for the meantime. The GT is much more compact and easier to transport.

Thanks!
Jason Magbanua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2008, 03:25 AM   #34
Major Player

been really busy with alot of things recently and chronic back pain (not good for editors eh!), but as promised here's that clip (only a very small 'teaser' type clip) with a few glidetrack moments

Taster Wedding Clip (Matt and Kelly) on Vimeo

cheers

Last edited by Richard Wakefield; September 4th, 2008 at 04:19 AM.
Old September 4th, 2008, 07:31 AM   #35
Wrangler

Alistair, do you have a weight rating for this device? I didn't see one on the website and would like to use this with a somewhat larger camera.
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2008, 01:32 PM   #36
Major Player

I'm still dreaming of all the things I could do with this thing. I've got it on my Christmas list, but $397 is a bit pricey for us right now.
Old September 10th, 2008, 10:41 AM   #37
Regular Crew

Alastair Brown is a rock star

Loved the Glidetrack idea, so last week we ordered one for an upcoming shoot... The client cancelled last minute. We contacted Alastair and he was able to cancel our order and issue a full refund within 24 hours, no questions asked. Now that's a class act! I expected to cover a fee or two but Alastair was able to return our funds in full. Wow! I'm impressed. Hope to use one of these great units in the future. If you're considering adding one to your arsenal, rest assured that Alastair delivers phenomenal customer service.
Old October 24th, 2008, 10:41 AM   #38
Regular Crew

Has anyone tried to use two tripods, one on each end to make the glidetrack more stable? Or is it stable enough with one tripod in the center? I don't trust myself to provide stabilization as the video camera moves off-balance, near the end of the glidetrack.
Peter Holzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2008, 11:15 AM   #39
Regular Crew

Yes. In fact I'm building a Glider rig using the same parts now. I cannot see putting the stress of 9Lb of camera at either end of a center supported track. Just doesn't jive with my engineering sense. So I've located two mounting areas that divide the track into rough thirds. I'm going to mount the track in two strong light stands to see. to reinforce the mounts I'm attaching two intermediate bottom plates made by a friend to keep thread-wear in check.
eventually, I'll have to use tilting heads to manage leveling process. My track in 4' long Whoot! Just need to get back to the project now !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Holzel View Post
Has anyone tried to use two tripods, one on each end to make the glidetrack more stable? Or is it stable enough with one tripod in the center? I don't trust myself to provide stabilization as the video camera moves off-balance, near the end of the glidetrack.
M. Paul El-Darwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2008, 12:24 PM   #40
Major Player

the glidetrack can easily come with two tripod holes, one on either end.

the point is though, having two tripods holding the glidetrack isn't really practical for a wedding?! for corporate, yes...
Old November 12th, 2008, 01:33 PM   #41
Major Player

Thought it was worth mentioning that the pound is about as low as it has been for a LONG time against other currencies. Makes it a GREAT time to buy.

Wayne Avanson produces some STUNNING shots here

http://vimeo.com/1916669?pg=embed&sec=1916669&hd=1

Here is another clip to show what can be done.

Achaglachgach House in Argyll on Vimeo

Last edited by Alastair Brown; November 12th, 2008 at 02:43 PM.
Alastair Brown is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable