Some video/stills of my new DIY dolly.... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old February 8th, 2005, 08:32 AM   #16
Major Player

Charles,

Thanks so much, of course I don't mind. I'm going to check it out now!

Matt
Matthew Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2005, 10:53 AM   #17
Regular Crew

matthew - what were the specs of your wheels?

I'm online looking through some wheels, i'm seeing descriptions like "76mm 82a"

Any help?
Andrew Sohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2006, 07:50 PM   #18
Slash Rules!

Hi.

I'm reviving this long dead thread.

I saw a skateboard dolly design on another site, and came here looking for more info. Came across this thread, and I believe your design looks even easier for my non-mechanically-inclined ass to build than the other, not having to drill through angle iron and all.

I went to home depot looking for that garage door material the wheels are attached to, and it looks like Matt Cherry used the 1.5" x 2.25" sized material?

I'd also like to know the wheel specs. On the sports authority site, the ones that are $90 for 24 wheels and bearings are 64mm wheels. Are those the ones used here? They're barely wider in diameter than the wide piece of the garage door metal.

Also, that metal supports the weight of a human okay? It's not that it felt that weak, but I wasn't trying to stand on it when I played with at the Depot.

So, uh, yeah. Thanks.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2006, 07:03 PM   #19
Trustee

Josh,

If you're still following this thread...

I just built my first dolly from Dan Selakovich's book.

Real Easy. Even for me. Use inline skate wheels. I don't know if Dan will let me post a pic. He may sell just you the dolly plans. The book is $40. It may be the only thing I end up building from the book, but it was worth it for the step-by step instructions and pics.
Old October 22nd, 2006, 07:11 PM   #20
Slash Rules!

Oops. Too late. Already working on the Matt Cherry design. drilling and assembling as I type. Not literally, but in between the drilling and assembling.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable