Glidetrack HD- Know anything i should? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old December 1st, 2010, 01:42 AM   #1
New Boot

Glidetrack HD- Know anything i should?

Just considering a Glidetrack Hd Slider 1m. I always wanted a 'easydolly' but the the idea of having something light portable and easy to setup and not needing flat ground to setup was too good.
I have heard that sometimes with the weight on top they dont move super smooth. My camera is a hmc150 with large battery pack and shotgun mic so prob not that much heavier than 3kgs.
So if theres anything that you know about this setup that i dont, or you could suggest something similar that performs better for approx the same price i would love to hear about it.
Thanks
Stu Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2010, 01:49 AM   #2
New Boot

additional info- I have a manfrotto 504hdv head on manfrotto 351mvk sticks so it needs to be compatible with that.Also i just scoped the easy dolly slider by westside av studios so if you know anything about that i would also love to know about that.
thanks again
Stu Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2010, 03:58 AM   #3
Trustee

Have a first-gen 1m Glidetrack SD. Absolutely love it. It's added it's weight in gold in production value over the last 2 years.

Glad to see you're going with the HD model. The wider track will add more stability for a bigger camera, especially when the camera isn't centered DIRECTLY over the rail. I just screw my unit right onto the 3/8" tripod screw, and then put the HDV head on the sliding plate so the cam can be easily released. Some people purchase another head to put between the tripod and Glidetrack so the entire unit becomes quick-release. An option at least.

One thing to know is you need to make sure the 4 pads on the sliding plate are properly aligned with the rail, and that their hex bolts are not over-torqued causing unnecessary friction. Just figured that one out and it makes the whole unit a lot smoother.

So yeah, 5 out of 5 from me. Maybe I'll upgrade to a HD sometime soon, though I think the .75m model would be sufficient for my purposes, and a bit more mobile.
Old December 1st, 2010, 05:06 AM   #4
New Boot

great to know. thank you nate.
Stu Ross is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable