konova slider - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable

Old June 21st, 2011, 10:23 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: konova slider

My Konova slider arrived yesterday evening which is just 6 days from ordering & only $329 (just over £200) delivered. It's really nice, works well & comes packed in its own stylish canvas bag (black with orange detailing). The track is very rigid & the carriage moves smoothly. A big plus point is the original design instead of just using the Igus parts like every other cheap slider on the market & is excellent value.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2011, 11:21 AM   #17
Trustee

Brilliant Nigel, told ya nice
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2011, 04:46 PM   #18
Major Player

Hi,

Thankfully I came across this thread just before I placed an order for the GlideTrack. I really love the look of the Konova but am worried about where to buy it from and if I will be charged any import/taxes. Can anybody please recommend a good place to purchase it from and If I will be charged anything t after purchasing the product online?
Tariq Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2011, 07:37 AM   #19
Trustee

E-BAY!! Only one company has them konova themselves!! No import taxes all paid by them!! good luck it is a superb peice of equip
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2011, 07:34 AM   #20
Inner Circle

Now that I have had the Konova slider a couple of months I am less happy with it. The carriage frequently sticks & the legs don't screw up tight so are always coming loose. To cap it all I got a metal splint in my finger from it the other day. Sadly I can no longer recommend that anyone buy it & for around the same price suggest that you will be much happier with the GlideTrack Hybrid.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2011, 12:43 PM   #21
Major Player

I have already placed the order :( :( :( I tried emailing them to cancel it but I somehow doubt it. I wonder what my options are now as I know I am going to face the same issues.

Last edited by Tariq Peter; September 22nd, 2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old September 23rd, 2011, 06:37 AM   #22
Major Player

I contacted Konova and they were very helpful not as worried as I was before :)
Old September 24th, 2011, 01:46 PM   #23
Regular Crew

I'm looking to buy a slider myself. If you don't mind my asking, what did Konova tell you that put your mind at ease regarding their product.
Jordan Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2011, 03:33 AM   #24
Major Player

They basically said that they were aware of the issues in the above post and bringing out some updates later this year and will offer the updates at a discount rate. I guess you can either wait for a few months (he said 3-4) and order it then or go for it now. I still feel for the price it's worth it.
Tariq Peter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable