Dv Challenge #2 Theme Announcment - Go! Go! Go! - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old July 15th, 2005, 10:04 PM   #46
Regular Crew

Dylan I am looking forward very much to seeing your video.
I know this is a typo below but I had a good laugh, some bloopers are better than others - It's no wonder you do not want the prize!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Couper
$100 gift certificate and polo shit from www.dvestore.com
Chris Thiele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2005, 10:06 PM   #47
Inner Circle

Quote:
Oh yeah, wrapped shooting at 6pm, 2 hours to edit. I'm done and uploading it now. Took about 15 minutes to come up with the concept and I improved it as I go. Just wish I could compete for a prize. :)

As far as I am concerned you can compete for any prize, why not!

I finished mine and sent it to Jeff Sayre to be put on his web site. He will send me the URL and I will get it to you. He has been very kind to me, and I owe him. After this feasco, I will get a new web site next week!

Bad news, my lead female had a car accident and the back-up couldn't make it either, so I had to fake it and BullSh** around it, and of course it killed it! I thought I had a good one too! I will shoot the female lead later and really finish it, but wanted to post what I had to show I did do it and try to stay off of the wall of shame.

Soooooooooo down right now!

Everyone have a great night!

Thanks again to Jeff!

Mike
Mike Teutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2005, 10:11 PM   #48
Trustee

Used an 8'8" crane in my shots. Used it at least 2x. I'll let you find where.

Done here, encoding is next. 12:10 am Saturday morning in Ohio.

Sean

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2005, 10:18 PM   #49
Wrangler

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but has anyone used a crane shot yet? I don't think I've seen one in the submitted films.
Well....I tried to use a 6' crane, but most of that footage ended up in the scrap pile. If you look hard enough there's one segment, but it's pretty short with not much movement.

To Chris Thiele: You're sure that was a typo on Dylan's post? :)

To Mike Teutsch: Sorry about your troubles. Yeah, it's just a contest, but after all the work it really stinks when things go wrong. Next time!!
Old July 15th, 2005, 10:49 PM   #50
Trustee

Well, it's officially posted and boy, there was a lot more I could have done. I'm not sure the thought process is clear and the idea is easy to follow in this one.

Dylan, I e-mailed you the site link. Let me know if you got it and it's viewable.

2 versions. 320x180 and 480x270. After all the fretting about encoding, it went pretty well. Used Sorenson and the Quicktime Progressive Download Medium setting and fiddled with the frame size a bit.

Looks pretty good considering.

Sean McHenry

Old July 15th, 2005, 11:01 PM   #51
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Edwards
I'm around 8 to 1, not bad not bad.
Went roughly 12 to 1 for this one. It would have been lower but I cut out 2 scenes. Leaving them in would have pushed the short passed 3min.

Of course everything didn't go as planned (like having a female so we used a guy...you'll see) but maybe it worked out better in the end.
Kyle Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2005, 12:11 AM   #52
Trustee

Could have been better here I suppose but I shot just under one 40 minute tape for 3 minutes so I come in around 10:1. It will get better one day but at this point, I shoot everything that even looks interesting through the lens. You never know.

Should I be concerned the judges haven't aknowledged my e-mail? They are probably just stumbeling in. You know those left-coasters.

So how many entrants are there still up?

I built a small informational web page on what we used and who to thank. As soon as the judging is over I'll post the link.

Sean

Old July 16th, 2005, 12:13 AM   #53
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Thiele
Dylan I am looking forward very much to seeing your video.
I know this is a typo below but I had a good laugh, some bloopers are better than others - It's no wonder you do not want the prize!
LOL, totally a typo! Once you see my movie, you'll realize why my typing is less than stellar.
Old July 16th, 2005, 12:19 AM   #54
Wrangler

This may or may not help you, but I'm calling it a night. That means I won't be checking my email again before the deadline, which also means that as long as you email me the link to your entry before I check my email tomorrow morning, around 9am, you are in. Think of it as an early Christmas gift if you are running late (I know some of your are having technical issues).

Dylan
Old July 16th, 2005, 12:22 AM   #55
Trustee

In that case, it's off to bed for me. I was up till - morning, yesterday.

I just re-read the rules and realized I sent the link to the wrong e-mail address. I sent it to Dylans listed e-mail as well as (now, duh) the one listed in the rules.

See you all in the morning.

Sean

Old July 16th, 2005, 01:11 AM   #56
Major Player

Quote:
This may or may not help you, but I'm calling it a night. That means I won't be checking my email again before the deadline, which also means that as long as you email me the link to your entry before I check my email tomorrow morning, around 9am, you are in. Think of it as an early Christmas gift if you are running late (I know some of your are having technical issues).

Dylan

I've been up for who knows how long to get it in on time. (Worked-at my day job- 50 hours this week, lost sleep to get this in). I got it in by just a few minutes. This post makes me sad.... The world is so unfair LOL.

Last edited by Bryan Mitchell; July 16th, 2005 at 01:47 AM.
Bryan Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2005, 01:16 AM   #57
New Boot

I started about 3 hours ago and it really came down to the last minute but I got it in.

Last edited by Chase Davis; July 16th, 2005 at 01:47 AM.
Chase Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2005, 01:29 AM   #58
Inner Circle

Some of us are having technical issues!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Dylan
Dylan,

Technical issues, technical issues! I had my female lead get into a car accident and not be able to make it to the shoot, Adobe Premeire Pro F*&*ed-up big time, but I did not give up. Jeff Sayre and I tried for hours to get it on the net, to almost no avail, but I made it at the last minute, (OK it's been technically extended! And, I will finish the movie so everyone can see it really done. I had to try to fake around her role, (not really possible, but I had to try), but I got what I had, posted at ten munutes until the deadline.

Jeff Sayre tried valiantly to help me, but I was beyond help, or was it just $%&*+bellsouth. Who would know that you can't send a file bigger than 10 meg thru their mail system. It's not like I am going to store it on my account!!!! Anyway trying to Zip file didn't work, and everything else, I got one posted that is under 10 meg. I even bought a new website, that said it was instant, (wasn't---takes 24 to 48 hours, already paid for it!). But after redoing my movie for the 20th time, I got it on! I tried the link and it worked, I Should Not Be On The Wall Of Shame!

Hey, I just got a email from Jeff Sayre, and he saw my movie!!!!! It works!!

Thanks to all, it is time to get some sleep! What am I talking about, it's only 3:30 am!

I am so glad to have made it in time!

Mike

I just edited this post to remove the url to the movie. Only 33 megs a day of band width, and already exceeded. I hope Dylan got to see it. Will move to a better host asap.

Mike

Last edited by Mike Teutsch; July 16th, 2005 at 07:46 AM.
Old July 16th, 2005, 01:36 AM   #59
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton
To Mike Teutsch: Sorry about your troubles. Yeah, it's just a contest, but after all the work it really stinks when things go wrong. Next time!!

Lorinda,

I wrote a long response to this post, but somehow it did not appear! Site error, or I hit wrong button or something, because I am soooo tired. Two nights in a row after 3:30 am. I got what I had posted, incomplete, but there. I hope no wall of shame.

Sleep well,

Mike
Old July 16th, 2005, 07:58 AM   #60
Major Player

Videos

ok I wasn't able to compete this time around... BUT was wondering if there will be a page with all the links to the videos for all to see... Maybe I missed it in this thread but thought I'd ask... Thanks

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge