My first words on the Texas Shootout - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

DV Info Net Announcements
Important news relating to the DV Info Net site and these message boards.

Old May 2nd, 2006, 09:48 AM   #46
Regular Crew

I like to think of camcorders like toilet paper. Some people like the quilted variety because it feels soft, and looks nice. Some people like the rough stuff cause it's cheap and gets the job done. Some people need eco friendly stuff cause their septic can't handle the regular stuff.

They all do the same job, but their are nuances that make them special to their individual owners. And the likelihood of a rough stuff guy enjoying quilted, or vice versa is probably slim. I'm sure that they could argue til the end of time why one is better than the other. But the end result is what you want to feel against your own buns, and the hit you're willing to take in your wallet to achieve that feeling.

But if you talking TP in the same price range, its still only about the individual needs.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 09:57 AM   #47
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Finn
I like to think of camcorders like toilet paper. Some people like the quilted variety because it feels soft, and looks nice. Some people like the rough stuff cause it's cheap and gets the job done. Some people need eco friendly stuff cause their septic can't handle the regular stuff.

They all do the same job, but their are nuances that make them special to their individual owners. And the likelihood of a rough stuff guy enjoying quilted, or vice versa is probably slim. I'm sure that they could argue til the end of time why one is better than the other. But the end result is what you want to feel against your own buns, and the hit you're willing to take in your wallet to achieve that feeling.

But if you talking TP in the same price range, its still only about the individual needs.
Extremely insightful Fred :p
Craig Terott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 11:40 AM   #48
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Davis
Will the writeup have good looking models holding the cameras?
No, they were in front of the cameras. ;-)

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 06:34 PM   #49
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Boston
It is, as you say, "yet to come". Since we did this too close to NAB, everyone involved was busy getting ready for that show. Now that NAB is over, the data will be compiled and presented by Adam Wilt in future articles. There is talk of putting the video on a DVD (including some behind the scenes segments) but nothing finalized yet in that regard.

regards,

-gb-
Am I right in assuming the story will be posted here or a link to it? Or is it appearing in a magazine?
Andrew Farrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 08:58 PM   #50
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Farrell
Am I right in assuming the story will be posted here or a link to it? Or is it appearing in a magazine?
I believe DV Magazine authorized an article by Adam Wilt on the Texas HD Shootout. Some of the material will be on Adam's own website, and on Mike Curtis' HD for Indies website. Some material may appear here but I suspect it will be linked from here.

Hopefully Chris H. will chime in and further explain the timeline and delivery methods.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements