DVC9 - Cat Calls - Lorinda Norton - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old August 26th, 2007, 08:57 PM   #16
Wrangler

Well, Bruce--I feel like I'm in the most wonderful company! :)

Hi Glenn! Thank you for stopping by and commenting. I'm honored.

Funny timing about your reference to "Benji." I just found out moments ago that his life at that dairy farm is in jeopardy. Apparently, he's helped himself to a few chickens and the farmer has had enough. Benji needs a home ASAP, so if anyone knows of someone within driving distance of Idaho who could love him (and quite possibly make him a star) please let me know!
Old August 26th, 2007, 08:59 PM   #17
Regular Crew

You got me laughing, Lorinda! Have you made an entry for every single dv challenge?? You had at the point I took my leave of absence. Have you won some kind of lifetime dv challenge achievement award yet?
Mitchell Stookey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2007, 09:12 PM   #18
Wrangler

LOL! Mitchell, I am the self-proclaimed "DVC Diva" (DVC 8). After the last challenge and this entry, however, I have promised myself that if I can't put up something I really like I need to find out what it feels like to be on the wall of shame--or not sign up.

Thanks, though, for the comment. My only hope in these things is to entertain, so the thought of you laughing makes me feel a little better. :)
Old August 26th, 2007, 11:16 PM   #19
Trustee

Okay, flat out...I gotta say this.

When DC flashed the theme, I originally thought, "Okay, most of the entries will be about 'meetings', ie: folks are going to get together for one reason or another.

I even expected most of them to be about group meetings, or boardroom business meetings, etc......

.......this one is the last thing I would ever have expected...

....and for my money, I think it may very well be the most original concept of this DVC (and considering the entries from Bruce, Marco, and Darryl, that says alot.)

Not only did you save yourself from the WOS under the demanding conditions of travel and such, you did it by producing what I thought to be the most entertaining of the bunch.

The antics of barnyard fowl always make me laugh because they're just so slapstick physcially funny (which is why I have made note of them in my presidential plan of action at www.jonjonesforpresident.com )

But you were also able to come up with a complete storyline that embraces the theme and plays out smoothly from beginning to end.

My favorite parts were the rooster voices. They were hysterical...and the lines of dialogue all stacked upon each other went perfectly with their grouped actions.

"nag nag nag"
"I'm not puttin' up with this!"
"Just talks too much !"
"I'm outta here"

That was my favorite part of the movie.

So I know you're kickin' yourself with having this not measure up to your own expectations, etc....but hey, it was skillfully done, tightly edited, and perfectly paced. It was clearly fun and entertaining beyond the telling of it, and I enjoyed it very much.

And I'm not even 60 yet.

Cheers,
-Jon
Old August 26th, 2007, 11:22 PM   #20
Trustee

PS:

Also, the line "Stupid Chickens"

reminded me right away of one of Ze Frank's classic webisodes. (11-1-06)

If you don't know what I'm talking about with that....just ignore this post.

-Jon
Old August 27th, 2007, 07:35 AM   #21
Inner Circle

Lorinda,

I think you did a great job! Very original and imaginative idea to say the least! It was great and you pulled it off very well.

I liked the part when the chicken eats out of the cats dish and the cats reaction to it! And, where did the dog take the dish?

The film shows how very different cats, dogs and chickens really are. I lived on a farm for years and so I could relate to it all.

Thanks for a fun movie.

Mike
Old August 27th, 2007, 09:00 AM   #22
Major Player

I also liked this movie. It was very fresh and original. It was a little chaotic but with the conditions of shooting you did very well.

In fact, I still don't understand how you managed to do so well. Oh wait, it is a film by Lorinda Norton, The Lorinda! That explains everything.
Benjamin Durin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!