DVC10 "Akurei" - Lorinda Norton & Greg Boston - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old November 2nd, 2007, 08:53 AM   #16
Major Player

Your entries always have a nice professional touch to them visually speaking and story wise I enjoyed this one very much :)
Old November 2nd, 2007, 10:31 AM   #17
Wrangler

Daniel and Mugurel, your comments made my morning brighter. Thank you.

The border collie was not written into the movie, it’s just that Sally is queen at my house and gets to do whatever she wants. My other dogs can still hear so they were all [not quite] cowering in the house because of the fire. I just didn’t have the heart to shoo her out of the frame. :)

Glad you don’t want an explanation about the traffic, because it’s a real source of frustration with me. I’ve tried taping stuff at 3-4 am before and not been able to get a clean take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Kohl View Post
I actually found this film "scary", believe it or not. This challenge reminded me of something I knew and forgot; that film can work (like any good story telling) with what is not directly shown, but rather through things that are indicated or suggested. I think that it would have been impossible for you (or any major effects house for that matter) to depict the sinister, creepy, bad-mooded, specter I imagined hovering around your father. Iaaaah! I get the creeps just mentioning it.

All the elements you added to the basic ghost story told by your dad supported that, slow tracking (and crane?) shots, slow zooms, details. Nice. The abrupt ending worked well for me, and set up the punch-line perfectly.
Ah, Daniel, I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your encouraging words. And thanks for reminding me to take care with details next time, too. I just hope it’s a long time before I have to do another serious movie. They’re too hard!
Old November 3rd, 2007, 12:46 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Lorinda- Haven't had a lot of time to comment or review films.. Just want to let you know I liked the feel of this ghost story. Would like to have seen a bit more lead up with spookiness of some kind to the appearance of the apparition, but still love the over all feel of you film.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!