DVC 11 - Flashlight - Hugh DiMauro - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old December 19th, 2007, 08:00 AM   #16
Trustee

Sorry, Dick!

I am not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, I admit! I'm a bit slow these days. Michael, you are a welcome guest on my set any time and thank you for your kind words.
Old December 24th, 2007, 07:56 AM   #17
Trustee

I forgot To Mention...

I owe thanks to my big brother, Bruce, who telephonically helped me spitball the flashlight idea. Before every one of these challenges I phone him to pick his brain for ideas since he comes up with some real doozies at times. Thanks, Bruce, for helping me out. You're crazy, but a great brother!
Old December 24th, 2007, 02:09 PM   #18
Major Player

Hi Hugh!

Wonderful job Hugh - Very funny!

This was excellent. I thought your timing with the casts delivery and the editing was great. Each character delivered and their acting was quite natural. I think this is what made the film so good.

I can relate to a loose directing style and like allowing the actors to have more of the concept of the scene in their mind rather than the "exact line". Of course it is improtant to have a nice blend and I'd say you did it well here.

The blooper reel was hilarious too. Love it!

Bravo Hugh and congratulations on another, well deserved win.

Happy Holidays!
Old December 26th, 2007, 01:13 PM   #19
Trustee

Thanks, Brad!

When dealing with non-actors, there's no other way to direct other than allowing them to just run with it. I am glad you liked this and it means a lot to me since I've always admired your work.

Happy New Year!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!