DVC 22 - Frames - John Kemper - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!

Old September 11th, 2012, 01:51 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: DVC 22 - Frames - John Kemper

Mr. Kemper

Nice work, I liked the film i was a bit lost when the mugger slapped him and the lady shouted at him, you cleared it up after that but that part lost me? That said it didnt change my feelings about the film it was great and a pleasure to watch.

thank you

Frank Moody
Frank Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Mays View Post
How did you get the bottle thrown that hit the guy in the back to look that good? You didn't actually throw a bottle and hit the guy, or did you?
Did you really hit your actor with a bottle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kemper View Post
Thanks Joseph! No, unfortunately we were not able to get an actual hospital room. We ending up building that set in my living room. We figured that as long as we kept a tight shot, had a lot of white, and included a few hospital room set pieces (tongue depressors and such), that would be enough for the feel of the room.
The hospital room was great! (The only way to improve it would be to put some ugly teal/pink paint highlights on the walls! and maybe some tubes here and there.)

I loved the grenade pin, that was an excellent touch to the best part of the film. Everyone has wanted to do that at some point.
Andrew Bove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2012, 10:23 AM   #18
New Boot

We did hit our actor with a bottle! It was sugar glass. We bought three of them. The plan was to have Donny throw it and hit the mugger in the same shot, so we did it twice, and with the third, we smashed it over the actor's head in a CU, so if we had to cut, we could. Thankfully, one of the wider shots ended up working beautifully.
John Kemper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!