DVC 5 Feedback - Who am I - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!

Old April 19th, 2006, 08:40 AM   #16
Trustee

I too had issues with the car scenes. Only because I was wondering if it was supposed to be the same person racing himself. Now that would have been interesting too. All you need are a pair of twins (right) and 2 identical cars. That would be a great idea. Camera person hiding in the back seat of each.

I liked it and your particular take on it but the story is kind of old now. Not that it isn't an imoportant idea. I spent 7 years in both the Air Force and the Army National Guard many years ago and knew guys who were in Nam. They were for the most part centered and seemingly OK. I also know there are guys coming back from current conflicts who will never be right again. Sucks. I can't even get into the whole political thing. When you are in, you go where you are told for as long as they tell you and that's all there is to it. Your personal politics don't mean a thing when you're in.

I did like the different characters in the closing shot. I might have started it out as an older man in a rocking chair reflecting on this theme. You could have a deeper regression scene at the end with the older man and a cane, middle aged guy, you, your son. Might have sold it more for me.

Still, I liked the execution (pun, sorry) and your take on it.

Sean McHenry

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 12:04 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I appreciate all of the comments and critiques from everyone who viewed the film. I will definitely put more effort in next time.
Bruce Broussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 01:33 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Broussard
Bradley,

Crazy guy (in the movie and real life) - My Brother (Greg)
Victim in the jungle - My son (Alexander)
Smallest person - My Son (Jordan)
Other victim - Me

The four of us have done quit a few "shorts". Most of them are pretty funny. My boys like making the movies with us. Maybe ?? I will post some of them.

Thanks!
Smallest person is your son Jordan. Very cool.

Excellent idea on posting other work! I would certainly enjoy seeing those. Thank you.

I'm seriously considering completely revamping my website so that it can hold at least 3 short films, a lot of still photography and various other bits of media. Of course, I get tired just thinking about the project...lol

Best Wishes~
Bradley
Bradley L Marlow is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!